New Hummie Hubs!

When I’m home I’ll add this telemetry to the videos and cut it :slight_smile: I’m not sure if its both hubs or only one, 25,6A max seems a bit low for both, I went full throttle uphills which is normally close to the max (I set it to 30A, new VESC tool told me that :)) Footcam worked btw :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Consuption are really good. Did you set the motor max to 35A?

2 Likes

Battery 35/-15 Motor 30/-30 per Vesc

There is a reason why you kept the motor max so low? Probably thats also why max batt current was 25A.

1 Like

It was the value the new VESC tool gave me :wink:

you should try 80 motor amps and see it feels. At low speeds you get a lot more torque and less cogging n smoother.

And 30k foc switching frequency for the silence

4 Likes

what @Hummie suggested was what I was indeed thinking

I know that, its not the first time I tried these :smiley: It was on purpose to see how they work with the autodetected values :wink: And they did amazingly well even with these low values :smiley:

4 Likes

I’ve never seen an auto detect or auto-filling of the motor amps.

The new VESC-Tool mobile versions do that. BV wrote something to detect these automatically depending on power loss parameters.

3 Likes

that’s quite interesting actually. Did not know about it. It might give you a balance mode for improve efficiency.

I think motor amps ends up more inefficient across the board if I remember it but the performance loss is there. If I’m not at around 80 motor with the 30 switching frequency I’m in a funk on the way home to set it how I like

1 Like

I’m sure it’s been asked hummer but from kickstarter to delivery what sort of timeframe are you operating on? I don’t need to know by the hour but I’d love a set of these badboys and the anticipation is a killer.

Also I couldn’t see your lumberjack axe in that video, did you keep it in a belt loop or leave it at home for the ride? It must be difficult to be without it.

And I’ve not forgotten the time you mocked my arm strength. Never forget, never forgive. One day when you expect it least I will get you.

5 Likes

3 Likes

For sure will post up the Kickstarter in just over a week.

If I remember correctly all the parts including even the tires took only 6 weeks to be made. It’s then maximum another week for delivery and then assembly is possible in a week. (The past motors took forever to assemble as it was almost all done by me in my small apartment). If the bucks come I assure u I’ll get as many people as we need to get it done as quickly as possible.

One day soon I’ll spill all the beans on what’s going on. A lot in the works related to tires n wheels

13 Likes

But you said two weeks back in September :rofl::sweat_smile:

Also bigger thane option

Bigger thane was the beans to spill! 88mm n matching wheels

9 Likes

Sounds like heaven, it cant come quick enough!

After reading this I set it to 50/-50 and had a minor fall because of the amazing brakes which I wasn’t used to anymore. Now I set it to 50/-25 and everything is fine :slight_smile:

1 Like

Please make em retro a retro fitment and don’t change the core