New Hummie Hubs!

After how many miles?

6 Likes

U wanna wait longer for your motors?:joy::joy::joy: trust me guys these feel great and this is after almost 300 miles of riding, do u wanna see the comparison to these now vs raptor 2s after 1 ride?

4 Likes

Haha, yeah, don’t hold up delivery for that! I just meant that would be very great if that could be done, lol.

1 Like

battleship grey. or gray if you want that.

but please buy some motors…at the last moments…making final ends meet now that my job is over. have to get some more bearings really. One more set of these sold and in the clear.

500$ paypal to [email protected] includes other truck and two centrax wheels too.

Dibs

10 char

2 Likes

@Hummie is that it or can i still get in on this?

And we’re in! Cant wait to get these

WoW! It’s now 3 am and I wanted to go to bed 2 hours ago, but than came across this post! I started goining trough the whole developement. It was so amazing to see such an amazing product evolve like that. Thanks for all these updates. I guess I stepped over it at the right time :slight_smile:

I have some questions… first: When can I buy one? Second: If youre having so much trouble with the weels, why don’t you use the same system as carvon does it? They just make it possible to mount any 3th party weel. That woul also make it easyer to replace them.

20180514_084625_1024x1024

1 Like

sure it could be done like that, a direct drive instead of a hub motor, and there are benefits there as you say. the main development direction with these hub motors has been durability given what has come before and it went where it went. one day we will have all the motors on hand to compare and I think the view will be that they are all options and its a preference thing.

4 Likes

I’ve never heard you say it so I will.

The beaty of @Hummie hubs is in the simplicity. Lots if mass for heat disapation, lots of thane to eat up vibrations, no sensors to break, stealth as f**k …

12 Likes

@willpark16 how’s the testing been going? What’s the top speed you’ve hit? What’s been your average Wh/Mi?

1 Like

I’ll post a write up in a couple hours, sp stayed tuned

4 Likes

Guess I’m staying up late

1 Like

:joy::joy:check back 1pm California time still hard at work

3 Likes

Any heat issues?

I’m in Oregon, might be up by 1pm. I’ve got at least another 2 hours at work. Probably three if I keep looking at my phone.

@willpark16 it’s 1:18pm…

So as of yesterday my testing has come to a halt since I sold my deck and am waiting on my @naf hyperbeast. During testing I used a 12s4p 30q 518wh pack and running at max speed with hard braking and rough hilly terrain I was pulling 19-20wh/mile. Being more conservative on the smoothest Irvine roads I found 12wh/mile seemed to be common. Take into bite these will fluctuate based on rider weight im barely 130ibs. My friend on the other hand at a solid 230ibs was pulling 22wh/mi on the nicer terrain and a slight increase of 27wh/mi on my hilly terrain. However it is worth noting he was braking going up hill and then accelerating constantly and he put them through a couple extreme settings that most people ordinarily wouldn’t be running these at. To my own personal delight the urethane has held up quiet well, especially on my smooth roads. When I take them onto the asphalt vibrations are much more noticeable but considering how thin the urethane is it handles them very well. Again on my raptor 2 my brain would literally be rattling in my skull in the same conditions. On 12s I’ve taken them up to 31mph however I never attempted that speed again because I am still recovering and don’t want to go backwards. The acceleration is noticeable even at 230ibs and me and my friend agree that they have similar torque to the raptor 2, this may be in part due to the 10mm magnets in my set but they handle very well. The set I’m testing with was not completed with the same amount of perfection yours will have but hummie was in a rush to get these tires tested. So one motor heats up slightly more than the other however this is due to one bearing shoving more frictions than the other and I don’t believe it is anything out of the ordinary. Even with that minor issue the ride on these is beautiful and I could say that they draw some of the smooth riding abilities of the Carvon’s and similar torque of the r2 hubs and combine them into an amazing ride. Unfortunately I haven’t been doing heat checks as much as I should have but I have so far not gotten them hot enough to not firmly grip after one of my runs. My 230ib friend did manage to get them pretty warm but not past 212 degrees(we put a drop of water on the outer metal can and it only got warm but did not boil or dissipate) I may have forgotten to include something so just ask, I would love to get up and running again currently I’m out a deck though so until then my testing has come to a bit of a halt

11 Likes

Thanks man awesome stuff. Can you compare brakes between the hummeis, carvon and r2? And your guess for top speed on hummies at 12s?

brakes on r2 kinda sucked on slow mode but were much better on fast mode, sort of abrupt for a lightweight guy such as myself though. The carvons are much more gradual however you wont be able to stop on a dime and you sort of have to constantly look ahead because they need a bit more distance to come to a complete stop. Hummies i feel have much better braking i can stop fast but not too hard to throw me off, and i’m not picking favorites here i really do like the raptor 2 hubs and the torque they have but they get wayyy too hot and the urethane sucks ass. carvons are great cruiser motors and have the best efficiency but the braking isnt so great, hummies don’t have as much urethane so they wont feel as great as carvons but they feel pretty damn good and the torque and braking redeems them. Top speed I want to put at 35mph? but don’t quote me on that i have a friend willing to take them up to top speed after I get my deck. I will say this though these are easily the best hub motors available for purchase right now, the r2 aren’t sold separate, and the carvons are constantly delayed with few people knowing any information. the urethane is coming in a couple more weeks for these and by then hummie should be shipping them out. But these have been tested for quite a long time now and he didnt even bother selling you guys his v3 hubs because he wanted better. If you guys are on the fence rn just know he has been providing you with constant updates and while no one like to wait these hubs have definitely been worth it

11 Likes

Can someone get me the distance between the inside of the left and right wheel on the hummies V4 set up? Thanks!

1 Like