New Flexy Kaly Board

My 35 long was run over by a truck and survived without damage.

It’s also stiff enough, 17 Ply. Flexy deck won’t do at my height and weight.

Good to have alternatives, but this does not replace a good 17 PLY. Personal preference. Not sure what the bashing is about. You are not vendor locked when buying a trampa deck.

2 Likes

Jesus, so much vitriol in this thread.

I for one think that the landyatchz evo 39 and the trampa hs11/holypro are two of the best looking decks every made.

No offence to this kaly in the OP but it doesn’t have the grace of a trampa. And the hubs have no aesthetic design complexities either. There is no layering. Very flat. Seems like it is designed by a 1st year design student in college. Its too sharp and not balanced at all. Kinda when amateur photographers overdo the sharpening in photoshop. You have to know when to stop.

Anyone with an eye for design will tell you that a trampa replacement, this is certainly not.

Having said all that, good on kaly for trying to do his own thing. Maybe version 2 will be aesthetically more pleasing and balanced.

5 Likes

After reading this thread again, I don’t think anyone was bashing on trampa for once. They were merely celebrating the fact that there would be an alternative to the trampa decks. @trampa did start comparing the deck to one of theirs with his usual passive aggresive condescending tone. I don’t usually post this kind of stuff, but this is fucked up, I only once saw @kaly post something vaguely negative about Frank (not the trampa brand) so it is unfair to come to this thread an belittle what he is trying to accomplish.

I think the design is so similar because kaly had been developing parts specifically to fit trampa boards and in the process probably helping sell hundreds of complete boards.

13 Likes

Frank’s gonna loose his shit & moon’s reply started this :wink: Frank was not being a good marketing guy and replied in a typical manner/took the bait.

End of story.

6 Likes

Yeah you are right, no offense but he should let someone else handle the forum communication. This kind of behavior can make people not want to support a company.

2 Likes

Maybe you need a closer look.

This are not just plain design and certainly far from just photoshop, depth will be highlighted once dirty as it should be, not just for show.

On the technical side won’t go in.

Will leave this here just for you, no need to REPLY :slight_smile: when it comes to design everyone has their opinion.

16 Likes

Those rims are dope! And idea what a set of those will cost?

1 Like

$200 once available.

But to instal on Trampa equipment the axle will need to be replace.

Using a different bearing

4 Likes

Has anyone seen @trampa’s gear drive? how is it working? and when will @Kaly’s gear drive become in stock?

1 Like

The drive will be back in stock on 4 weeks now that i have more time to get back on the drives.

Updated the site for back-order status, secure one as soon as possible since will be working on batches of 30 units at the time.

Take a look :slight_smile:

6 Likes

dude that quick release is sick, wanted gummies / ofroad setup for a long time but the thought of disassembling gear drive to swap from one to the other has always put me off and i never made a decision between them. This is a game changer for sure.

EDIT: link for anyone who has not seen

7 Likes

i have a q? do they fit with mini trampa trucks

1 Like

Using a different bearing on this one The axle have to be swapp to fit.

2 Likes

“No offense, but you design like a child.” That’s kinda aggressive for all the hard work @Kaly put in. I’m all for opinions but sometimes people don’t think before they type. Doubt he would ever say that to his face.

9 Likes

‘Frank is going to lose his shit over this’ and ‘I’m so ready’ and ‘pretty cool stuff here you might want to take a look at it’, both were very clear shots at trampa at the beginning of this thread and were designed to get a raise from trampa which is exactly what happened.

Why can’t people just be pleased for extra options instead of constantly feeling the need to take sides by bashing other vendors? competition is great for the industry and help to drive prices down, aswell obviously giving people more choice!

7 Likes

Well franks sort of dug himself a big hole due to how he deals with conflict. I understand the digs based upon the humorous interactions I’ve seen him have over the years

3 Likes

It’s just an inside joke, easy tiger. Frank knows the deal and plays his part. We’re all friends here.

1 Like

well people need to grow up then… the only bashing iv seen is individual builders who make boards/sell parts to people bashing the more bigger vendor who can mass manufacturer parts… obviously jealousy because they can’t mass manufacturer and they get undercut!

well news flash! that’s how business works unfortunately.

1 Like

obviously jealousy because they can’t mass manufacturer and they get undercut!

10 Likes

More options is always a good thing. That is the only way to move forward. It force you not to sleep for too long and keep the brain properly exercise.

3 Likes