New Build | Red Ember custom Deck | PT 6in wheels; 273mm trucks; and RIPBA motor mounts | Dual Maytech 6355s 170kv | Dual VESC-Xs | SPACE Cell Pro 4

@Crushkrew @mmaner 340 belts.

You just need to loosen the motor bolts enough to be able to slide the motor while putting the wheel and belt on. Then pull the motor away from the wheel pulley until the belt is tight and tighten the front motor mount screw. Then take the wheel off, tighten the rest of the motor screws and then put the wheel and belt back on. You shouldn’t have to readjust the belt tension again after that first time if you get it right…

You may want to remove the outside flange on the motor pulley too. It makes more room and makes for faster wheel/belt maintenance.

2 Likes

I used black zinc coated allen head screws to mount the motor to the motor plate. The coating was “grabbing” the inside wall of the slot. It took me a little while to figure that out. Once I used a wire brush on the threaded body of the screw it was like butter, no worries.

2 Likes

How do you remove the flange? Pry? Or do you have to grind it off? Thx

I just use a pair of wires cutters. Grab the flange and bend it a little all the way around. It’ll just fall off

1 Like

Couple steps closer…still need to get some hardware…

5 Likes

7 Likes

Looks soooo good! For the motor hardware, the mount is a solid 6mm thick so go get m4x12 either Buttonhead or Hex

2 Likes

@Crushkrew I think you like rubbing it in with all these fancy pictures! Don’t worry my landshark will be done any moment now tick…tickkk… tickkkk… ok a little more waiting

1 Like

Okay so I had to rethink the graphics I had in mind when I saw how nice the Driftwood stain came out on the Red Ember board… So in the vein of an old whiskey barrel here she is… did a weathered semi flat to give it the old school feel

And she gets her name … Old Number 7…

I’ll spray the Lucid grip tomorrow…

10 Likes

That looks awesome.

3 Likes

Wow @Crushkrew this came out beautifully! You matched the feeling of the finish perfectly with this design. It is insanely fun for me to see the deck with an added visual element! I also really dig that you’ve set it up w 'thane or the @psychotiller wheels!

1 Like

Who needs an evolve GT combo when you can build one of these!!

1 Like

No doubt :grinning:

1 Like

Lucid grip came out great…

8 Likes

I ordered some too, never used it before. I hope it looks as good as yours.

1 Like

It’s pretty cool stuff…just don’t use the pump bottle it comes with…it splatters…I used the aresol sprayer they sell for a couple bux…works great…

You just lay down a couple light coats then salt shaker the glass dust on then lay down a couple more…let it dry for a bit then repeat…I did that 3 times to build up the grip…

1 Like

Cool, waiting on some vinyl graphics then I’m.gonna give it a shot. Looks like cool stuff.

1 Like

Home stretch…couple final touches then maiden

ride…

8 Likes

Maiden voyage today…

This thing has twice the pull of my gen2 evolve…and is sketchy fast…this run was half throttle…I need to tone down the acceleration…just about threw me off…

6 Likes

@Crushkrew yes!! Looks great! Congrats!

1 Like