Need help for proper tensioning of pulley belt

What about the wheel pulley though, not just the motor pulley

The best way to properly tight the belts, is trial and error.

Run it as loose as you can, go for a spin, if it skips teeth, adjust more, if it keeps skipping adjust until you have no skipping at full brake.

2 Likes

Wow I can just see from the photo it’s way too loose. What @Eboosted said right above this is perfect :ok_hand:

ok:

Well I asked for a photo of the wheel pulley to see if something there was causing it to skip (I can’t see through the belt LoL) but I can see in the one photo the belt is too loose. Move the motor backwards away from the wheel about 2mm and try it again

let me try

now its too tight

I can’t seem to get the right tension no matter what. I’m going :angry:

its possible for 265mm it wont engage fully but will work fine.best thing is that u dont have to care how tight the belt is. as long as it doesn’t look like a ball sack

for this im using 2 sizes of bearing.

dude flip your motor pulley around. it will allow it to be much closer to the mount and you won’t have to bend the belt sideways to make it fit. should make tensioning a lot easier

1 Like

I feel like from the picture his motor has another half inch it could move out. A slightly longer belt might give him one more tooth on the motor pulley. However I’ve never had belts slip and I’ve had them fairly loose. My method is to make the belt tight then tighten the motor mount just enough. Then I loosen the two back screws then the fronts. Just a little so as soon as the belt starts to make it a hair loose I tighten it up. You should be able to push the belt with your finger and have it flex maybe 2-3mm

@onepunchboard I bought an 8mm bolt and I threaded a hole for it but the bearings are a hair too big. Where did u get this smaller bearings?

Or should I get a longer belt??

I got my pulleys and belts from torqueboards as a kit. Are their belts usually so small as the width doesn’t even cover the hole motor pulley. Is that normal?

Also if I were to get a longer belt what size should it be so I can fit the idler in??

go to rc shop. they have diff size bearing

To determine belt size with idler pulley you need to get measurements of everything. Basically Trace on paper to include idler pulley (s). But including the idler pulley will mean longer belt for you. Yours looks short already. But you could get a longer belt to start then see if that works. If not then try the idler setup.

If I get smaller bearings I should be able to get enough space. Thanks everyone, will keep updating

Is there anything else I can use for the idler besides for bearings?

finally got the tension right. board works like a charm!!!