N.E.S.E / NESE - No solder module battery packs

Where do the cables from the battery and others go through?

You wire it internally to and it exits the same way modules does so you would bolt your negative and positive to the bms box same as to another module and then you have 2 more for charging and load. You will need to solder or somehow attach wires from the tabs to bms. Look couple photos up, there is a closeup

Ok I get it. Last question. Is there access to the micro USB?

When will these be up for sale, and how much?

Yes, there is access to usb. I still want to design a plug for that so its not that open

That’d be cool. We could always use like a silicon sealant though. So how long you think till you’ll have this up for sale, and cost?

Give me a week to finalyze it. Price wise, arround 20.

1 Like

What’s the diff between 2S2P and 2P+2P module?

I made a drawing so you can see how your battery will be made using the NESE Modules with one 2s2p, and four 2p+2p. Also at the top of the drawing you see what the difference is between the two and hopefully when you see how the battery is assembled this way, you’ll see why you need the different types. Ask me if you have any other questions :slight_smile:

5 Likes

OK. All fits, i have populated all 16 wires including T1, T2 and second GND. My wires are 0.35mm^2 or 22AWG. Its snug and you have to feed couple of wires through grommet but its worth having it all nice and protected.

I might have full set later as i have no use for this BMS at the moment as i am working with larger packs (16S-20S)

7 Likes

USB cover:

6 Likes

Looks great! Would the canbus cables go through the same exit as the power and display does?

One side all the sense wires for the pack + temp if needed, the other - the rest of the cables.

@agniusm is that CATIA as CAD software? Are the grommets 3D printed in TPU?

Yes, tpu. Trying out fillamentum tpu

One thing I’m concerned about is the sensor wires are 22 gauge. I thought they needed to be about 18 gauge… I could be wrong though.

Why would they have to be 18 gauge? The only thing I could see is that if the current is larger than what 22 gauge can handle. But since these are balance wires and shouldn’t see alot of current I think it’s fine. (Don’t know the balance current on DieBieMS though…)

22 AWG seems to be 3A and 18 AWG 7A according to JST. How many strands does play a big role though.

@karma is right. Even 28awg or ethernet cable would do. 22awg is overkill

Ok so if I’m using a 4 amp charger then I’d need thicker than 22 gauge.

If you use high strand silicone wire you should be good for up to 7A to 10A, I think, although you might not want to push things too far.