N.E.S.E / NESE - No solder module battery packs

BTW, hope you are fine. Crash at that speed aint funny at all I had a crash far slower on my drift trike:

8 Likes

autsch that looks painfull

1 Like

DieBieMS enclosure prototype is up on site if anyone wants to try and print it. http://18650.lt/index.php/resources/

Here is a video how 2S4P becomes 4P+4P:

@tsr something that will print PETG, ABS or PC. PLA is NO good.

P.S. I have 7 prototype modules i can sell at 10EUR/each, 65EUR for 7. They are same dimensions and only difference is that 4 of them are without mounting holes and 3 have D=4mm mounting holes. Otherwise same as complete ones with same size and function.

2 Likes

maybe a stupid questions, but I am thinking about buying a 3d printer next winter - is there any minimal requirement to print these modules?

I was considering the creality cr10s but leaning towards tevo tornado now, better heating, afaik you can mod with auto level making it really good

Also consider the tevo black widow, very heavy strong frame giving super definition/accuracy

See GearBest.com

Check this guy out.

The problem is the heatbed being 12v and the price, the tevo has great heat and you can as he said take care of smoothing fairly easily as well as auto leveling.

For esk8 you will probably at some stage want to look at printing Filiment which needs a very hot bed and full metal extruder (nylon, Pom and abs), the revue was a little biased towards flexible and the tornado has the hot end already for this, the tornado has an even better titan extruder and much larger build space.

My vote would be the tornado with minor mods -

Auto level kit Maybe stepper driver smoothers (if settings tweaks don’t remove artifacts)

This

I would probably also look at the black widow for ultimate perfection with some mods and an enclosure

1 Like

Got my order today, will post pics later. Very happy with these, they look professional quality! Great job!

1 Like

Also is there a BMS module now? I wasn’t sure from the messages a few before this. Can someone post the link so I can check it out, given it actually exists, lol. Thanks yes!

Thanks for the tips - will check it out!

1 Like

@agniusm how does the PETG react to normal Silicone sealant? I am thinking to use it to dampen vibration.

Pretty sure petg is what most coke bottles use so can probably test with that and get a rough idea.

1 Like

As said before i have nothing yet. I have uploaded 3D file for people to try if they have 3d printer. You are first to know when its ready as you have paid for it :wink:

Most bottles are made from PET. Its just modified PET with G (ethylene glycol) :grin:

2 Likes

For example Ceresit does not recommend using silicone on clear plastics including PETG. I have not tested it against chemicals. http://kmac-plastics.net/data/chemical/petg-chemical.htm#.WyyIOmqEbqA

1 Like

yep did some research, gonna go the safe route and use a rubber sheet ty for the answers

Hey @agniusm, check out this cool video using your modules.

3 Likes

Got my order in, lacking the batteries, but thought I’d put it together so everyone can see what it looks like. I love this! 12s4p :smile:1529727598986923277177

11 Likes

Thanks. Have not seen this one. Jehu has one on twitch building 12v battery with my 8P modules

Have you tried cutting tabs to fix them? Good thing is you can mount and wire you battery, then just pop in the cells when you het them :slight_smile: Did i miss to put one single cap?