My parents won't let me get an eboard

its not the ability to ride the board that makes it dangerous its the environment you ride it in, riding on the road can be dangerous only because of idiot drivers that don’t look when they turn/indicate

i wouldn’t suggest this. i’m no parent but if i learned my kid lied, i’d take it away.

1 Like
1 Like

The fact that you create a contract to ‘behave’ for 17 days leads me to think that there is a trust problem between you and your parents. You should fix that… and as they trust you more… the opportunity to get a eskate will increase.

If not… move out when you hit 18 and go buy a eskate.

4 Likes

or maybe the parents just want the best for their kids and don’t want them to die. if i were a parent i would do anything to keep my kid safe. if i were a parent, no matter the age, i would make sure there is no physical or mental harm. if i were a parent i would always be aware of what is going on in their life. if you are a parent, i’m sorry for lecturing u. i just don’t think saying there is trust issues is right as every family is different.

This reminds of an ad I heard on a Gta radio station where the kid has a stack on a push bike so the mum buys him a sports car

Start by showing responsibility with what u already use if u ride a regular board wear a helmet and get pads to start. If u want to go the responsible way. Small steps and patience. But if u dont want to listen go stealth and buy a chinese esc with built in receiver and control then get hub motors to start

Yep… I am a parent. I want the best for my kids and I want to keep them safe.

There are trust issues… They signed a contract and after the kid held up his side… the parents changed their mind. That’s ‘trust breaking’ behavior. Now the OP is making another contract… but he doesn’t believe his parents will hold up their side of the deal… so he’s here asking what he can do.

1 Like

i think saying trust issues is rude if ur not a psychologist. but nvm

2 Likes

This thread reminds me of begging my parents to let me buy computer parts lol.

Realistically if they don’t budge on their decision you either have to live with it until you can legally claim responsibility over your own life where you can veto your parents decision, or do it anyway. I didn’t discover esk8 until I moved out but I’m sure my fam would have had the same thoughts about it if I was in your situation.

Is this just a board issue? What about ebike?

1 Like

Its all dangerous. I ended up in the hospital for 2 weeks by just riding my bicycle without a helmet. So I think everything is dangerous still u r either livin’ or dying. Also I dont think the kid wants explanations just options I say give it to him let him man up and take a little responsibility. https://youtu.be/odwVbGO9yxo

thats a small town. Did lightning mcqueen redo the main street on his way to a race?

6 Likes

Just having a butthole is risky. You would be amused (or sickened) to learn of the things people routinely accidentally get stuck up theirs.

3 Likes

Helmet and pads before the board

1 Like

Can confirm we have a proctologist in the family … :confounded:

Convince your parents that building your own E-board is a learning experience that combines mechanical, software and electrical engineering in one project, on a rather basic level. Show them the end result and you riding it, then have this discussion again. You’re 15. I’d be thrilled as a parent if my kid wanted to do something creative instead of swallowing tidepods and playing fortnite… Shit, I mean, its either that or you starts slinging dope on the corner, you got mad connects from that kid in school.

The real challenge for me reading this is that its the norm for parents to incentivise future activities on the basis of what they consider “good behavior” grinds my gears when parenting is handled this way.

Two kids:

One has been brought up by example and knows the consequences of their actions and understands the difference between right and wrong, mostly making the right decisions but still a kid.

One is a little shitface because they’ve had a carrot dangled in front of their faces their whole life and they’ve been taught to act right, not be right.

This is not directed at you @Agrelle, I obviously don’t know your situation. I hope your parents aren’t doing this but fml its the norm in most western countries.

Raise good kids people, not kids that know how to act good when it’s appropriate.

Sorry for the rant :frowning:

3 Likes

I’m 15 and I’ve got a collection of 6 boards. I started when I was 12

You got some strict ass parents my guy

2 Likes