My Landwheel V4 Build

Great idea, thanks for this.

I used the message feature to send a message to Jason, Navagor, Mikenopolis and Techtronic. This creates a chat link that appears not to be searchable so its essentially private. Check your message inboxes and reply to the message please. To find your inbox messages, look at the top right corner of the forum. You should see a green number indicating an item in your inbox. Click on the user Icon (or first letter of your name). Then click on the mail icon that appears below. If each of you replies to the message, I think we’ll be set for a private discussion.

1 Like

Technotron:

If you have not shipped back your unit yet, please try an experiment for me.

1. Disconnect the three motor wires from the left motor. Insert the battery on an angle and see if the right motor works.
  2. Try the same experiment with the right motor.
  3. If one of the above experiments results in a working single motor land wheel, then reassemble the battery cover plate and take it for a careful test ride.
  4. If you don’t have a working landwheel from experiment 1 or 2, then repeat them but also disconnect the corresponding hall sensor wires.

If you are successful with the above experiment, tell me what you think of the brakes on a single motor landwheel. Tell me if you get different results with the original circuit board vs. the reprogrammed circuit board.

pk

1 Like

Paul, I’ve returned the unit earlier today, they wanted to inspect what’s wrong and send me a new unit.

Have you had a chance to test the brakes yet? If so, how do you feel about them? I think we should still discuss our experiences in here, but post more intricate ideas and suggestions in the private chat. What do you think?

Edit: you calling me Techtronic from time to time gives me a good laugh :smiley:

Which one is better: Landwheel V4 or their ONAN X2/X3 ?

ONAN X2 seems have more power than Landwheel V4.

Trust me, power isn’t the issue with Landwheel :slight_smile: Can’t comment on Onan, never tried one so far.

1 Like

Does the remote has 2 button control for safety reason ?

1 for speed and 1 for safety button that we have to continue push so if we accidentally fall, the board will stop running with speed.

I prefer a remote that we can grip like a pistol, do you have any difficulties controlling the speed and the brake system using that remote model ?

@gagahlin

LANDWHEEL remote does not have a deadman switch. But leaving your finger will return the lever to its neutral position.

Thanks mate!

They send me video how the new landwheel braking system works

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdGMffXRVwA&feature=youtu.be

I’m not sure if this is the correct braking system, the rider seems do not ride fast enough.

I consider to purchase it although the remote seems not as ergonomic as the pistol grip.

How much did you guys pay? The alibaba site the Landwheel account linked to Said 350 $ ??

Furthermore is it Too early to buy one or will we get a V5 If the brakes are still bad but get fixed later?

I would absolutely wait a little longer, I will receive my repaired unit with another updated circuit board later this week or early next week with “improved braking” and “better low-voltage behaviour” which I will surely put to the test and share with you in this thread soon :slight_smile:

I paid a little over $400 when they are selling V1. The first unit they sent me was V2, then I got V3 and now V4. It’s been over a year now, so I would say hold off on buying unless you want to become one of their beta testers like us. at this point I’m pretty much waiting for PK and Technotron to test and let us know it’s ready because I’m tired of going slow because I fear the fall the LW causes.

for testing, I pretty much just do up and down a street with a full face helmet. The braking issues stopped me from doing long distances.

1 Like

Hi, I just upgraded the motherboard myself on the V4, to upgrade the braking system. I had a problem where after I upgraded I was going up a slight slow (5% grade) for about 400meters, with a few stop signs, so I was going full power and braking hard and going full power, and at the end when I was accelerating after a stop sign the board just stopped and threw me off. I’m curious what would be the first step for diagnosing this issue. Should I bring a IR temp gauge with me to check the motors? should I look for connectivity problems? The board still kept working fine all the way back home, but I stopped pushing it hard. I was wondering if you knew in what situation the board would lock up the brakes like that.

Thanks

I"m supposed to be receiving my v4 soon and having ridden a boosted board v2 dual plus the reverse feature for braking is a great thing to have… Being able to reverse slightly is great in city situations… and give great contol of board…

Hey guys im working on some Landwheel boards and would like to make the connection between the controller and the board a bit stronger, has anyone tried soldering any extra wire to the antenna on the remote?

Also ordered some new bushings as that is a must for high speeds, I have hit well over 25mph

Jay:

What version of Landwheel board are you working on?

V4, got them this month

Hey guys,

I just got my landwheel yesterday and it was great and all. But after a 5km+ ride around. I came home and realised that there is now a rattling sound coming from 1 of the motors. Any ideas on what may be causing this?

Facts: Max speed during journey was 30km/h Went up some slopes Journey lasted 5km+ No rattling sound when I pick up the board and shook it. (Nothing loose inside?) Sound only present when the motor is running (wheel turning) Sound only present on 1 side I don’t think the axle is bent since it’s not wobbling when the wheel is spinning

@Landwheel FYI

Maybe a magnet came loose from the motor can and it’s scrapping against the stator? can you feel or hear anything different when you spin the wheel by hand?