Mounting of Trampa skate trucks on flat deck

I played around with this set up just to see what it would look like. the board (with the 35 degree risers) would be awkwardly high. what are you trying to accomplish by using trampa trucks?

i want to try those trucks, they seem better for turning in my eyes

Make sure to put the springs in the correct holes Theres a hard and soft turn option

i do not really want to use risers at all, because the deck is already crooked enough (?), that is the question about it.

I could buy a pair of trampa infinity trucks for 50 bucks, seems a nice price to me.

also, is it possible to get a caliber II motormount on the trampa trucks?

@Acido but i can turn the board even when the trucks are straight mounted and not angled?

Yea but i think thats the harder option

I asked the same question a while ago and there were several replies. Basically the trucks are not meantt to be mounted like that and will not work properly.

1 Like

I second what jga said, there’s a reason trampa decks have those upward flares where you mount the trucks. The only option for a flat deck is to use angled risers. If the height is a problem for you, you can try using a drop-down deck. Edit: just googled landyachtz evo. Why that deck specifically? Those truck angles look tough to work with.

How about using some steel brackets? You’d need to bend them to 30degrees and then weld in some supports, but should work.

i wanted a drop deck for my next build.

but all dropped decks are to low. Also the form of the deck is great for mounting motors on the bottom.

and i like the design.

@JonathanLau1983 this is way too much work, i could easily buy other trucks before i’d do this. i just have the option to get some cheap trampa trucks

@Hummie is making an awesome drop through deck that is routed out for electronics. You should check it out.

When you say too low, do you mean too much height difference between the deck area and the truck mounting area? There are all different measurements for that. Mine has quite a bit, at 2cm height difference, others have less. For the most part you can use whatever you want, just remember to design your risers accordingly. I didn’t see any way to mount my motors under the deck so mine are in the back like most mountainboards.

I see no problem here, see @pshaw

http://esk8content.nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com/uploads/db2454/original/3X/a/3/a3e379b8c14aaac758ef200535dbde397919b282.jpeg

i am talking about heigt from the battery enclosure to the ground.

@mikenyc i do not want a drop through, so im just looking for dropped. and basically, the evo has a really nice shape. i am just thinking about trampa infinity trucks for the deck.

the deck is not already “crooked enough”.

you need atleast a 30 degree angle on both trucks to be able to turn at all. trampa trucks mounted on a flat board are 0 degrees.

2 Likes

exactly what i wanted to knew! thx, so i’ll get the TB 218

1 Like

@Randyc1 Hello, I was wondering for the picture of the first picture you had posted on this form if you had been using a stencil to make the first board? Which board had the deck been based off, trampa? If you did use a stencil would you possibly DM me the file?