Monster Board | Trampa HolyPro 35º | 80100 180kv 8kW | FatBoy SS Gear Drive | 12S 3P 18Ah | Dual FocBox

Yeah braking resistor would be a best thing :slight_smile: Regarding charging at higher currents you can look at Tesla camp :slight_smile: For super charging tesla actively cools down cells so it could charge faster than normal :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would also like to see some data on high amp pulse charge and its effect on battery life or battery temp. Anyone seen any test data on this? Maybe we need to get Mooch to do this test for us. Or if someone on this forum has the equipment needed.

1c is empty to full in 1 hour. Emergency braking is max 5 seconds. So they are not comparable situations.

2 Likes

the question i have in my head, how you managed to hold yourself on the deck? and how your wheels looked after? There should be a big flat spot on your tires right now. no?

2 Likes

Bindings and hard lean to the back, lock and release is the only way to brake fast and hard :slight_smile: Well my tires are already kinda worn down so no worries :slight_smile:

I love UK weather forecast… In the morning putting on shoes looking into forecast outside is sunny and etc :slight_smile: After looking forecast 10% chance of rain not much turn around it is down pouring… Welp into rain suite and ride to work :slight_smile:

I was prepared to be angry the whole day but boy I was happy :smiley: It was so much fun… Wheels spinning in place, drifting on the roads + carving is so much fun :smiley:

Now I realized how much my front lifts up just a tiny bit when accelerating (every time I push more throttle front lifts up and drops down causing puddles to splash such cool thing)

Also now I know that my board is fully waterproof :smiley: Had been swimming through a puddle and one even cause water wave up to helmet :smiley: (I didn’t even dare to look at the back to see how bicyclist and pedestrian look afterwards)

Lol this song on repeat through all rain and lightings (yeah you read correctly lightings in middle of November :D)

Preparing for rain :smiley:

After ride

Thanks to this I am completely dry :stuck_out_tongue:

11 Likes

Any developments with the ARC200 ? Still riding with the FOCBOX?

That’s dedication.

PS. Need a couple of bucket mounts :wink: Too much mud flinging.

Would the 6 inch Urban treads fit in the bag attached to the board?

London ‘rain season’? lol isn’t that 365?

1 Like

Well time for some updates :slight_smile: As I got 3D printer I finally started working on decent casing for my graphene packs…

I am building modular 12S1P 6Ah packs with battery voltage meter, balance connector and dual xt90 power connectors.

The bottom part will be CNC machined aluminium, middle and top 3D printed PETG I guess, top something black or gray, middle semi transparent red:

Here is some renderings of how it suppose to look

The idea is that I will be able to remove and swap packs on the fly by just unscrewing those 4 x M6 bolts holding them to frame which will be mounted on top of deck. Total height should be around 16cm

Another planned update is the esc enclosure, finally my diy enclosure died so I will be replacing it with our enclosure modified for two focboxes (I am bit in the doubt unity will be able to hold currents I am running right now) and 5V 40A DC/DC regulator for RGB strips and etc stuff need a sandbox for Esk8Lightuino to work on.

Also thinking of getting Metr Pro. I loved the way I could change power settings on 3DServisas trampa on the fly…

BTW Which tyres do you guys think are the best for asphalt 8" I tried multiple from trampa but still havent decided which ones are decent.

6 Likes

Are you still working on your high power speed controller ?

Maybe one day :slight_smile: I don’t really have a need right now for it so don’t rushing but I have some thoughts about it as there is drv doing 100v :slight_smile:

1 Like

MBS Roadies :wink:

Printing first prototypes:

7 Likes

Printed prototype top cover:

Still need to adjust the 3d print settings as there are some issues but as for prototype its pretty good :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Fancy & famous printer should be a good friend to you

2 Likes

Yeah… It spent more time printing than idling already :smiley:

BTW I had one idea which which I really wanted but current solutions where not what I really wanted. The idea is simple I am running really high current settings which drains my 1.2kW battery like its nothing and its really annoying sometimes when you don’t really want any torque but just ride to work shop or etc. First thoughts were to just get Metr pro but when I was thinking if you stay at stoplight and want to drag some bike or car when you will suck as you will need to flash new settings (not safe thing to do in the middle of intensive street)

Then I was thinking what I could do so I had and idea from Esk8Lithuino I am using toggle nano-x second channel to turn on the lights, when I had idea to merge this with bit of code on VESC which will read single pin if its high it turns on normal settings set by VESC tool, if its low it defaults to standard 60/-60 settings.

For the pin I choose 5V tolerant SWDIO pin as it not used anywhere and is routed out to connector on most of the VESC boards (I updated code only for 410/411/412 (AKA 4.12 and FocBox).

I haven’t yet tried it on the street but it compiles and looks okay

So now it will be hold on Nano-X second channel button for 5s to turn on high power (aka normal config mode) by default it will be in slow mode.

2 Likes

That’s very cool, are you on a Unity? If so watch out for the problem on the Unity thread

No no… I am bit in doubt unity will hold 130A/motor even with decent cooling :smiley:

1 Like

Also just had and an idea to make a small push button on front hanger which would apply like 0.1% throttle to help pull board while pressed :smiley:

1 Like