Modular All Terrain Gear Drive

Are you going to offer the hanger with the gear drives?

My drives won’t need modifications to the hanger. So I don’t feel like theres much point?

1 Like

I wonder where are you guys getting the surfrodz 200mm tkps.

When are you planning to have these drives available?

There isn’t any at the moment. This drive doesn’t need 200mm tkp either.

2 Likes

But 200mm rkp :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Here’s a noise sample of the Moon Gear Drives with Mobil Grease 28 aviation grease, for those that were curious.

16 Likes

Ugh… so much want @moon What’s the top speed on these @mmaner ?

1 Like

They’re not all that high pitched to be fair. Also, Nice shoes lol

1 Like

27mph at the moment but Im still testing bushings so I have my motor amps low. I’ve got cones street side front and back right now, gonna have to change that.

1 Like

The grease kills the pitch whine almost completely. They will never be as quiet as belts, but that’s the trade off for massive torque and less maintenance.

5 Likes

Lol, those are my work vans, I get funny looks when I wear my red high top vans :smiley:

4 Likes

How does the Mobil grease compare to the archoil?

1 Like

More grease talk :grinning:

I would like to know too

1 Like

I think the archoil is likely better, but I got 14 oz of Mobilgrease 28 for the almost the same same price as 0.5 oz of Archoil 8300.

Mobil 28 = $21.87 with free shipping

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XH7XRTD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Archoil AR8300 Sever Duty = $16.95 plus shipping

2 Likes

thats a big price diff for sure! I actually went with the AR8300 but haven’t had the opportunity to use it yet. Thanks for the info @mmaner!

1 Like

Can’t wait for these drives :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Archoil also has the 8100 Heavy duty version that’s only $13.45 for a 14oz. tube.

1 Like

Yes thats not suitable for plastic gears

1 Like

Good to know. Nevermind then. The 8300 is expensive, but a little seems to go a long way.

I think 14 Oz is good for 5 drives, once belts are forgotten about and gear drives are on every single board I’m sure some grease nerd will find something good for us

Alternatively I can find some good stuff in europe for the same price and it’s 1kg

3 Likes