MKV3 - Carvon 2.5v Dual 97mm | VESCs | 10S4P Li-ion

Then probably the best is to leave this settings, use watt control mode and adjust the throttle curve if you need more acceleration

@makevoid Do you have any uphill videos with these dual v2.5 ? Since Carvon is going to realease their v4 XL motor based on 6374 85kv v2.5 I thought I’ll ask you about your experience with hills and torque ?

1 Like

these two are probably not bad:

long hill

you can see it peaks at 1600w (10s battery) to keep me at around 30kmh uphill

short but steep hill

climb no problem

i’m 110kg so definately the v2.5 have good enough torque for pretty much anything you can find in the cities I think

@makevoid Hi! I’m wondering if you could help me out with a doubt. I’m running carvon dual V 2.5 with Space Cell pro 3 and the nano X. My ride is really great but I’m looking to switch to FOC for a smoother ride. Nevertheless, when I make the motor detection only one motor spins. I have multiple ESC over can enable, should I make the motor detection on both VESCs separately first?

Yes you need to make motor detection separately.

1 Like

Yes you should do detection separately as @rpasichnyk suggests .

I don’t run them on FOC anymore because I damaged one slightly (a rock probably) and it’s stuttering a bit on FOC (I guess it’s about detecting the rotor position of the damaged motor). I am using a Y split cable without connecting the + on one end, I didn’t try with canbus yet. I remember I read on this forum that is better to disable traction control on hubs even if I can’t think about why. Definitely change the observer gain to be around 60-100 as Jacob/Vedder suggest (I used 100), I found that changes everything compared to the default value.

@rpasichnyk @makevoid thank you very much!!

Would you mind explaining what does observer gain really does? Is this value only valid for hub motors?

I really don’t know, I just received Jacob hubs with some instructions where he states that Ben Vedder recommends that ( see http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/mkv3-carvon-2-5v-dual-97mm-vescs-10s4p-li-ion/18119/34?u=makevoid ), I don’t know the reason and I never tried to play with the values but 100 was much better than the default value for both Jacob and Carvon 2.5 hubs