Metr Pro - Next Gen Bluetooth Module

Oh, sorry confused the app with the FW. The ackaniac android app doesn’t work with Metr module, though ackamaniac FW works with Metr module (metr app)

Ack app works w metr pro module. You just need a lower version of the app.

What past version of the app worked with Metr module and how can we get it if we have long ago updated to more current versions?

Let me upload it. Give me one sec.

V1.101

Edit.

Link no worky. Deleted. See post below.

Hmm, what am I doing wrong? image

Let me double-check

@caustin

I uploaded it to a different site. Ack app v1.101

Here you go. Let’s try this again.

Thanks, let me try this!

1 Like

I’m interested in using these modes. is there like a web site that explains how these modes work?

1 Like

It is explained in this thread. If you still have questions afterwards let us know. https://forum./t/the-definitive-guide-to-metr-app/3109

2 Likes

thx bruh…just what i needed.

@rpasichnyk

I got the same problem. It hangs at the screen “Don’t interrupt…” and I’m not able to upgrade fw. I will send you my log. Thanks for investigating.

By the way: Is with 4.8 the problem fixed, that people brick their VESCs since VESC fw 3.57 and the new, updated VESC tool? When I’m right, there was a problem with changing modes. Or was it when updating VESC fw via TCP bridge over metr? I don’t know exactly. I did it via VESC mobile app and everything worked well. But also here I stuck now with VESC fw 3.57 and am not able to update to 3.58. There’s another thread in this forum. More people have this problem.

Together with the problem now, that I’m not able to update metr.pro to 4.8. It all starts with 3.57 if you want so, but I don’t think it’s related.

No, this is not related. The upgrade from 3.69 to 4.8 was a major update that not only includes Metr Pro firmware but also new nordic softdevice and bootloader. This is why update process consists of 2 parts and it’s very important not to interrupt it. However in some cases softdevice and bootloader update completes, but firmware is still 3.69. @taz had exactly this problem and we solved it using individual GUID based firmware update. Hope the same trick helps to you.

1 Like

Will we ever see the dual motor records in the metr records as separate data when recording?

I needz this.

2 Likes

Thank you, Roman. You helped me alot yesterday. I wrote you an E-Mail with logfile. After successful updating with my individual firmware I had to go to work. Sent you this logfile as well a few minutes ago. Sorry for the delay.

1 Like

Any plans in releasing a new version based on the (windows) vesc 1.16 tool?

1 Like

I have it conne Ted to my phone the app says its connected but I have flashing blue and green light and all values in real time are zero?

Make sure you have PPM + UART enabled on your VESC. Only when the green LED is solid lit, it detected the UART connection correctly.

2 Likes

Thanks that was the issue

2 Likes