Metr Pro - Next Gen Bluetooth Module

Ok thanks for clarifying that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Should work with any vesc based firmware afaik.

Just ordered the module. I am excited to add it to my work in progress kick scooter build!

1 Like

Hey @rpasichnyk,

Using ackmaniac 3.102 with the metr pro module and the app freezes whenever I connect. Current on a Pixel 3 Android Pie. Before it connects I can navigate the menu and everything else, and yes I’ve tried a system reboot.

Please connect your phone to computer and run adb logcat. Then repeat freezing. Collect the output of adb logcat and send to [email protected], thanks :slight_smile:

How exactly?

FWIW i tried two different modules and two different phones with the same result. I think it’s an ackmaniac fw compatibility issue

Finally got it working with my pixel 2 (instead of my current pixel 3) but now it hangs on fw upload (the end is where it gets stuck).

EDIT: was able to update my OTHER module perfectly fine on my pixel 2, but the original module does what the video shows.

Guys im using iPhone metr pro app and the modes keep disappearing. I create them and use them and then after a few minutes they are gone. image

1 Like

Interesting, thanks for video, can you please try again and then send logs to [email protected]?

@vortek There was a bug with modes not being saved (already fixed), but app review takes a bit longer on App Store. You should receive an update (v3.8.18) soon :+1:

1 Like

Could you provide instructions on how to get you those logs. What do i do about the module that can’t even update

Open Metr app, go to Settings -> Show Logs. Share the file via email. I will look at the upgrade logs first and then decide what to do with the module that you have :+1:

I just got to work and was going to do that… but then it started working (on my second module)! I’m not sure why, but I’ll let you know if it happens again. I still can’t get the other module working/updated though, I will email you about that.

1 Like

Not sure if you take bug reports through here, but it seems that the “expert” panel shows my VESC as running sensorless even though it’s sensored, perhaps just a quirk with non-official f/w?

rpasichnyk Hello, am I supposed to receive order and tracking info in the mail? I’m not sure I got them. Oh sorry i didnt realize you had FAQ on your website. Now i know you ship within 3 days of the order. Should be any moment now.

2 Likes

Yes I am taking bug reports everywhere, can you please describe in more details (which firmware you have, screenshots and Settings - Show Logs to [email protected]) Thanks!

You should receive a tracking number via PayPal. Orders were shipped today.

1 Like

Ackmaniac ESC app never worked with this module.

Works for me

Actually it did, at the time of Metr Pro release, Ackmaniac app worked just fine. But you are confusing things, Jinra is using Metr app with Ackmaniac ESC firmware for VESC, not Ackmaniac ESC app :stuck_out_tongue: