Metr Pro - Next Gen Bluetooth Module

windows? Linux? or mac?

Windows is my way

I think Vedder did not implement it for Windows, only Linux. MAC works thanks to @rpasichnyk, but I might be wrong and it has been implemented by now.

Try TCP-bridge

Itā€™s mentioned in the first post. TCP Bridge is the odd way, I think.

its plenty fast with metr pro

btw Iā€™m running on FW 3.56 on a Flipsky VESC 6.6. Should not be a problem though. But if itā€™s not compatible for windows as clearly stated, then I have to run a linux vm or on a rpi3, what is flying around here. That sucks.

Long story short: itā€™s complicated between Vedder and Apple / Microsoft. But when compile VESC Tool with Microsoft compiler, it works pretty well including BLE.

You can grab the latest one here https://github.com/rpasichnyk/vesc_tool/releases/tag/v1.13

Pair Metr Pro in Windows 10 first using System Settings

Untitled

Untitled

Then connect in VESC Tool

vt

2 Likes

Thx for the reply. Yesterday I tried to compile vesc tool for my rpi3 and installing qt is actually cancer. Maybe I release a rpi version on github

@rpasichnyk I see there was an update yesterday for iOS to fix unity up now I donā€™t even get 2 readings it just one?? Am I doing something wrong? Dual mode is enabledā€¦ image

@Balth81 Are you running the latest Metr Pro firmware version? If not please go to Settings, in the list of devices click on the blue gear icon beside your Metr Pro module and see if an Metr Pro firmware update is available.

ota

1 Like

@hexakopter sure am image image

Motor amps - you should get 2 readings

Battery amps - 1 reading

Motor temp - 2 readings

ESC temp - 1 reading

All should be goodšŸ™‚

1 Like

Thanks mate you know what I realised is that with the update my layout changed and the motors werenā€™t on thereā€¦ so once I actually enabled them all is good now ā€¦ I thought they were on by default before but maybe I was wrong and I didnā€™t realise there was extra info on the front screen that you can turn on. Thanks for you helpā€¦image

2 Likes

This is my second metr pro(This one has an antenna). I bought this one from a forum member. The issue that I am having is that the module just keeps restarting every 5 second or so. I am using the 5V supply to the module. I am able to connect to the metr pro app but it disconnects and connects every 5 seconds.

When it disconnects on the app, all the leds go out on the module. So the module is physically turning off. @hexakopter and @rpasichnyk, any idea whatā€™s going on?ā€™

I just have the 5V, Gnd, rx, tx connected. I flipped rx, tx to see if thatā€™s the problem, it didnā€™t change anything. I know, I know itā€™s auto detect, but just in case. I then tried to run the module with rx and tx both removed. It wouldnā€™t even turn on. Is that supposed to happen?

EDIT: Fixed Used 3.3V and it worked. Somehow 5V was making it restart. I confirmed by going back to 5V.

5V regulator might be blown, I presume the module has it. :confused:

As stated in the metr.at FAQ:

What pins of the JST connector are necessary for Metr Pro to work?

Only four pins: 3.3V, GND, TX and RX need to be connected. The cable uses 7 wires to match ESCs 7 pin connector. We can not provide a cable with missing wires and we donā€™t really have time to remove them. You canā€™t power the module with 5V.

So you need 3.3V to power the module.

3 Likes

Please consider putting NC on the silkscreen where itā€™s not connected. I just didnā€™t want to put the plug the 7pin directly because I wasnā€™t sure how the 5V and 3.3V would interact. Also I am not sure what SWC and SWD are(no info on FAQ).

@rpasichnyk I just flaked my Escape and tested metr.pro again, it seems to workā€¦ I didnā€™t use the mode changeā€¦

2 Likes

10 Likes

Ever since I got the METR pro module, whenever I enter the modes menu or the expert settings menu, always after around 10-15 seconds it disconnects and reconnects again and I have to switch screens and go back. Seems like a bug or something. Any advice please? Second problem that PERIMETR doesnā€™t find any bt connections for some reason (tried to reinstall, nothing), canā€™t use it at allā€¦ Thirdly any update on the ackmaniac esc tool working with the METR pro module in the future?

1 Like