Metr Pro - Next Gen Bluetooth Module

Done. Thanks.

I did some more testing. I see what I did wrong. I have to hit read each time I switch between VESC 1 and 2. I had assumed it would act like tabs and show me the settings on each VESC so I could flip between them.

Thanks for taking the time to address this for me.

1 Like

I swapped connection from my board to my loan out board to check its battery and the record that was open seems to have been corrupted but just on the total distance ā€¦ itā€™s showing 29.9km where it should be 10km or less. Is there any way to look at the track record to get the actual distance I traveled?

Edit; link to record.

12,88km

1 Like

Expert Tab :mortar_board: is getting some love. When multiple VESCs are connected via CAN,

• Read button will read all configurations
  • Write button will write all configurations
  • Switching between configurations is like switching between browser tabs

This is how you would expect it to work, right?:grinning: Thanks @Nubasaurus for the idea

16 Likes

2 Likes

@rpasichnyk I noticed Expert only saves the current VESC, and thereā€™s no way to rename or label master vs slave. Could you add either the naming of saved configs, or add VESC 1/2 to the default save name? I accidentally loaded my Master settings to my Slave which caused a bunch of havoc.

Edit: never mind. I see log pressing the file allows you to renameā€¦

1 Like

@rpasichnyk How do I get 4wd data? I see the option for dual data in the settings, but not for quad dataā€¦

Under the expert tab, I only see vesc IDā€™s 1, 2 and 3, I donā€™t see vesc 4. The module is attached to ID 1. PPM is on ID 2. All 4 motors spin correctly together (via canbus) and I can see them all via the vesc tool via canbus. So I know itā€™s a not a physical connection issue.

Please send log file to [email protected] I will have a look

Metr app update is live and includes support for the latest VESC firmware v3.48 alongside with a better compatibility check. Metr Pro firmware v3.67 also live and needs to be updated over the air. Me and @hexakopter tried to test as much as we could, but you are always welcome to tell us if we missed something!

16 Likes

6 Likes

Problem againā€¦ I updated the metr pro firmware and now i get no data from the vescs. It says its connected but no data is recivedā€¦ Anyway to go back to the old firmware?

Cant read motor values or any of the vesc settings either @rpasichnyk

Log sent to [email protected]

Do these steps one by one until it helps:

• Turn bluetooth off and on (might be enough)
  • Restart your phone
  • Unpair and pair again with Metr Pro (last resort)

Tried all. Still no data from the vesc. Just says connected but no data shows and i cant read any of the vesc.

Ok, I see in the logs that update went fine. Did you try to power cycle your board?

Several times :confused:

Did you update VESC firmware too? (not needed, just wondering) Can you check if green LED on Metr Pro turns ON when you power up?

Nope, using ack 3.102. Worked perfectly with old metr pro fw. No i havenā€™t unscrewed the enclosure yet to check

Oh I know what went wrong, hold on, I am working on it, no need to unscrew enclosure.

2 Likes

:heart_eyes::ok_hand: lovely thanks