Metr Pro - Next Gen Bluetooth Module

I wanted to ask here because it specifically mentions ackmaniac esc tool. But I guess that is wrong info. Ackmaniac said his app doesn’t have support for PIN modules. Wanted to make sure here. Thanks for the info. You can see it shown here. https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/metr-pro-next-gen-bluetooth-module/57780

1 Like

@Pantata PIN pairing is done on Operating System level and not in the app. I don’t think this is the reason. Also please check my post in VESC Monitor thread.

I am just repeating what Ackmaniac said. I thought so too… It is paired via system so it should work. Will have a look at your post. Thank you for the answer.

1 Like

Just sucks that ackmaniac esc tool is not working and vesc tool I can’t use either as I am using ackmaniac firmware and it says I need to change to a different one in order to use it. Wanted to have cool video overlay but I guess not… Only the vesc app and ackmaniac has overlay. On the other hand METR has cool Real time data.

Have you seen METR overlay?

https://metr.at/overlay

8 Likes

Yeah, just finished making a video. Very nice app and customizable. Only amperage is missing

Looks awesome!

1 Like

Hey all, this record shows a fault on my app but I’m dammed if I can find it… any ideas?

Maybe that would be a feature for @rpasichnyk to include or maybe have a toggle-able switch for?

A “flag” on the map of where the fault happened(?)

4 Likes

It is a fault code 4, let me look what it is…

Got it: Over current fault,

2 Likes

Okay… that was cool.

Can you also tell where/when it happened?

1 Like

Thanks for that!

min 23 // 1380192ms 10char

1 Like

forgot to add where:

Motor current of 130 might have triggered it. Seems like it was because you tried to climb something to steep @amazingdave ?

2 Likes

@bevilacqua thanks so much for that! How are you doing this wizardry?!

Any idea why the current would go into over current instead of just limiting? Is it anything to do with traction control as that was kicking in a lot on the mud and gravel?

It’s a flipsky dual 6.6. Do I just need to raise my absolute max figure?

These are my settings…

I’m not sure how this happens, but I had it once too on 4.12HW vescs when I tried to climb a way to steep ramp. Probably rising the absolute current setting helps, but I am not sure what the absolute-max-rating of the MOSFETs in in FS6.6 vescs is.

Im working on a kind of longer paper (UNI work) where I analyze e-skate telemetry. I have some scripts to automatically read all the values in Matlab.

4 Likes

Just got my Metr installed. Few questions. When I go into Expert and read. Is it reading both VESC or just the can ID i have set in settings?

In theory, would I change the settings for Master, go to settings, enable CAN FWD, change ID to slave, and go back to Expert to change settings for Slave?

It is reading the VESC that is currently selected on the top of the screen. To read another VESC, just select another one and click Read

CAN FWD is almost never needed and not recommended to use at all. Unless you are absolutely sure what you are doing. All Metr functions (Modes, Expert, Realtime, etc.) work just fine without enabling CAN FWD.

1 Like

I tried this but when I try to read VESC 2, it appears to be the same as VESC 1. I scroll down and both list the same CAN ID.

Example: VESC 1 > Read > view CAN ID : 0 Go to VESC 2 > Read > view CAN ID: 0

Thoughts on how to correct this? Or possible bug?

Running dual FOCBOX

I’m familiar with CAN FWD as that’s how I typically program my VESC from an externally accessible USB port. Just wasn’t sure if i needed to do somewhere here.

Edit: I should add that if I do back out to settings and enable CAN FWD, then read VESC 2, it will change to CAN ID: 1, but if I go back to view VESC 1, it also updates to show ID 1.

It is a possible bug. Can you please disable CAN FWD, repeat your Example, go to Settings -> Show Logs and send to [email protected]? Thanks!

1 Like