Metr Pro - Next Gen Bluetooth Module

I have the old metr laying at home. Will this works with the unity?

1 Like

@rpasichnyk just to confirm, the Metr Pro works with Android Pie right?

If you want to get the pro version, I donā€™t mind to buy yours in the next group ride :slight_smile:

Posting here for posterity, but for people wanting to use Metr + some other uart based peripheral, hereā€™s the link to the firmware file with internal ports running at 115200. This also has the low speed braking fix.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ng-Gk0CU3XOB-D-ocXVkNCycbUTCykwM/view

Hereā€™s the pinout

This specific firmware is supposed to have UART2 enabled at 115200. Iā€™m unsure if UART1 is running at 115200, it may still be at 9600.

10 Likes

Saved! Damn thanks a bunch. All these knowledge little crumbs youre laying around are starting to come together in my head :joy::joy:

1 Like

Haha, i have also some boards running with focbox. So I can still use that in my other boards

Can anyone help me with getting telemetry with a unity. I have the baudrate set to 9600 in the unity tool. I also made sure the metr was running the latest vertion. Metr shows as being connected but not seeing telemetry. Thanks !

Change the baud rate to 115200 and it should work, I believe.

1 Like

Tried that, still not working. My green led is flashing so looks like itā€™s a baudrate issue. Anyone know what it should be set to ? Any other settings that need to checked ?

Thanks to @sofuā€™s build thread including 2 additional UART Ports I am pumped for this. If you can use the same pins (I Think their female , which ever one goes in) then it really is an easy swap on swap out.

3 Likes

Can you please tell me what kind of a port it is for the external antenna? I got the module without it and wanna get one, though donā€™t know what connector to look for at the end.

Where do I sign up for this?

You wait until he releases it

1 Like

I know. I was just showing my excitement about it. :wink::scream:

Finally got my unity connected. Iā€™ve got it set 10s. Can anyone tell me whatā€™s going on with the battery voltage ? image

Youā€™re not showing voltage in this screen shot. Percentage doesnā€™t always add up. Whatā€™s the actual voltage showing?

Add the voltage so we can see it. Like this. I have mine right below percentage.

Screenshot_20190204-165516_metr

2 Likes

Learn something new everyday. Didnā€™t know I could hold down and have those options !! How do I make it bigger like the rest ? image

Hold the colored frame of the box you want to adjust. Then it can be moved and sized. Lit frame to show, dim to leave out of display etc.

2 Likes

How did finally get the unity to connect?

Make sure you have your Metr updated. From there I just set the baudrate and enabled UART in the unity tool.

1 Like