Metasurf Direct Drive ?!

Wtf are you guys high on

19 Likes

Blueberry diesel :joy::+1::rofl:

11 Likes

@sofu, not to sure what I accidentally started here. But I did have a valid question above if you ignore the rest of the noise that was generated afterwords lol.

1 Like

Got it, I’ll reply to you when I get back home

2 Likes

What do you say when you’ve had enough to eat?

I’m @sofu I can’t eat anymore

15 Likes

This guy is @sofu of himself

8 Likes

You’re all @sofu nny.

6 Likes

You can’t private message probably because you haven’t interacted enough or something…

The free replacement parts thing is only for the people I picked up parts for when I was in Taiwan. They’re “testers” so to speak. If you buy viva his website I don’t think you will get any replacement parts unless you contact him via email directly.

2 Likes

and she just quietly goes about her business.

3 Likes

not her actual “business” but yes you guys are getting ignored. :rofl:

5 Likes

That is @sofu cked up. Although this thread has gotten @sofu cking wee todd ed, and veered way off topic.

8 Likes

You know if I ever @Winfly ght miles I won’t give you any to go to Taiwan with :triumph:

Edit: I’ve been told that this is a stretch and I’m bad at this

11 Likes

@Winfly ght miles

come on…

Edit: it’s either you are bad at this, or I’m slow at getting it. also I’m already numb to bird/flying related puns.

3 Likes

this is @sofu n, yet I @dareno t laugh @Winfly ing… O @Sn4Pz

12 Likes

S @topcloud ing this thread with your nonsensical ramblings.

13 Likes

Y’all getting flagged for off topic… jk

2 Likes

(waiting on my replacement, too) :slight_smile:

1 Like

@sofu , thanks for your reply. I think then I may hold off on buying from them then unfortunately until they make there forks (again possibly using wrong name) thicker. I guess people are saying the current measurements are too thin and can get bent.

Has that been the general experience so far with testers? That it eventually bents and breaks? I mean, is there a simple alternative, such as just buying the motors and attaching them to something else instead? Again, new to this, so not sure if that is possible.

tl,dr. the axle currently is 13" (too long), only 8mm in diameter (too weak), made of 7075-T6 aluminium(too soft) some steel, cant (V-shaped) and designed to flex under load. They are fixing these issues and with 12mm axle made with titanium. Also the motors are only 65kv so a little be too slow.

(edited)

1 Like

@Ixf confirmed that axles are steel, they are just too long which is why they’re bending