Maytech 12s ESC NEW firmware to fix the brakes!

Even worse for me when running sensored and forward/brake/reverse mode, at low speed (luckily) and at partial forward throttle, the motor randomly went into low speed reverse while I was riding. Happened a couple times, the most shocking incident being on asphalt, riding at about 10mph and instantly coming to a screeching halt cause the motor switched into reverse. Good thing these boards are so long and I had foot straps and only running single drive at the time otherwise I would have been thrown off. I switched to forward/brake mode after that and havenā€™t had that problem since. Freaking scary though.

Sounds cool. Wonder if they fixed random full throttle on startup.

Nah, same thing. I apply full brake, then start from standstill and it goes full throttle. Using 70% PWM limit for brakes helps, but thereā€™s still a small chance itā€™ll do a wheelie on startup.

So the key to smooth riding on these escs is to use brakes as little as possible and not to let it freewheel :smiley:

@vap That sounds very similar to the issue I was having before. The latest update fixed that, though. Are you running it sensored?

Which remote are you using?

1 Like

Iā€™m using my own NRF24l+arduino remote and receiver, so yea it could be the signal noise. I also tried one of my frsky d4r receivers and quadcopter controller when i first installed them, i could reproduce same behavior. Havenā€™t tried it with the new firmware though.

Hmm, iā€™ve already added capacitors everywhere, i might try adding LC filter to the receiver.

So how did this turn out in the end? Are the breaks comparable to the vescā€™s or not?

brakes r perfect

Hi! I am struggeling a bit with the brakes myself. The firmware you are linking in the top of the thread, is it for the FVT 120A 6-12S single ESC, or the Dual? Iā€™ve got the dual, but I am guessing it will work on that also? Just to make things perfectly clear; the firmware you provide are for this ESC: Link to FVT official site

Because Iā€™ve got this: Link to Alibaba-page

Hope you will get back to be. Best regards.

yup thats the one. but not the dual version. Contact FVT directly they can help.

1 Like

Hey all!

Iā€™m trying to flash the firmware on this ESC: image

When connecting the USB programming card, I canā€™t get the software to recognize the ESC. Do you have to provide external power to the ESC for it to work? I think I need to connect a BEC to the other servo cable but I donā€™t wanā€™t to damage the logic boards.

Thanks!