Maytech 12s ESC NEW firmware to fix the brakes!

@Idea @Mikeomania12 may can help. i also just bought two FVT sleeping lion, haven install the improved firmware yet and wish to know Idea and Mike firmware is it the same? or which one is the latest improving brake to skateboard firmware.

1 Like

Not sure about this one. The firmware is good for me. I dont have the same exact one you have but they look very similar. Maybe your esc is defective, because you cant view or change your settings even without the new firmware. Dont think you can upload the new firmware until you figure out why your USB_link software isn’t reading the settings.
Also contact FVT directly, they are pretty responsive they can answer skype:jennyxcy2008

1 Like

Already contacted to them and have response, thanks)) Yeah, looks like my ESC have some issues, because it still doesn’t work, BUT after few times I tried to upload firmware, it have changed throttle range. It is strange, because now I can’t reset it and can’t turn it to programming mode o_O Looks like I need to spend another $100 for a new one esc :unamused:

Have some news.

1. My esc is airplane only and can be flashed to skateboard esc, but I need ship it to China for it. But its ok, airplane esc has some kind of brakes, fine by me.
  2. My esc is burned down. Forgot to turn off the battery before unplug usb from PC (((
  3. Looks like sleeping lion is good choice for the money. Where I can order one with international shipping? Or may be someone can advice me another esc 120A for 10S LiPo?

U can just order from official website or ebay aliexpress. http://www.szfvt.com/en/

Yeah, but there are no option “buy”)) I already contact them and waiting for answer.

Just got new sleeping Lion from FVT. Will check it. Thanks everybody!!

what does №12 mean? What is Start Power in this software? What it is for?

That’s is 12 degree is the motor timing . Start up power is how fast you can accelerate. I have mine set too high.

It’s not a major issue for me but I’m not too happy with the brakes on my board. Kind of unpredictable behavior. Can/should this firmware be installed on TorqueBoards 12S ESC? Did anyone do it successfully and happy with the results?

Hello do you have the 150818 firmware version you can send me to fix my beeping noises? Thank you.

Your ESC is not bad. You seem to be using an older version of the USB Link program. I had the same problem. Try the AlienPowerSystem’s or the FVT 1.3 or 1.5 (can’t remember) program and it will read your settings correctly. Good luck!

Sure. PM me your email address.

2 Likes

Thanks man, but that ESC already fried. Got new from FVT, works much better.

These esc r great once u get them dialed in

Looks like FVT has fixed the issue in their latest firmware release 170818 (August 18, 2017) which is available from their downloads page:

Here is the version as reported by the config tool:

No more random acceleration after releasing the brakes!

3 Likes

Wait what? You guys were having random acceleration after releasing the brakes? I;m still using the first version with my own configuration and its running fine.

That only happened in the sensored mode, see this video on Flickr.

i don’t see a video. If you’re talking about sensored then that would explain why my older sensored motor kept moving by itself even after Im at standstill. interesting, this really solve a lot of questions i had for those motors.

Looks like Flickr videos aren’t being embedded correctly – here is a link to the video.