Master Evo | Landyachtz | ABEC 107| 13S5P | FocBox | 6374 190kV | metr

No. No joke. I can wheelie from a standstill or under 10mph if I push throttle all the way. lol

6 Likes

Real question is how long can you ride that wheelie?

1 Like

Torque drops off around 17mph. So not long. It’s a total torque wheelie. I’m hoping I can setup the potato with enough motor amps to do this but at slower speeds and just manual/use cruise control with the kicktail. Since there’s no kick to hold it up on the Evo.

1 Like

Damn dude! If you can do wheelies from stand still then I must try this this 5 parallel cells right now!

3 Likes

We need to do some 0-20mph, 0-30, 0-40 comparisons

1 Like

Anyway I wanted to note a few things I’ve been trying on the bench here as I’m thinking of applying it to this build:

This build is using FOCboxes: Which has some noise at higher dutycycles due to only 2 current shunts. High duty cycle on this build means high speeds, and I’ve been curious if it is possible to get cleaner readouts in real time.

The experiment:

• add a ground cable from the motor housing to the system ground
  • add a single choke(ferrite toroid) to the phase wires to get a cleaner phase separation BEMF

On the bench with no-load the results look promising.

But I currently have no way of verifying this with any logging via Bluetooth as the sample rates are to low.

I think I may be starting an Arduino based on-board logger, with 256.4k baud over uart, to capture full logging for download from an SD card or the likes… Which also may entail a fork or addition to vesc tool to be able to read log files, vs a stream.

I’ll add more once I get some data polling setup in AVR.

2 Likes

Dude I love this board. I’m honestly surprised you haven’t buiilt yours yet.

I’m 132lbs, we would need relative weight comparisons I think

Carry a backpack :yum: I’m at 175lb

2 Likes

@Eboosted

(13s*4.2v@full) = 54.6v * 100 bat amps = 5400 deliverable watts… it’s alot of power.

12s5p is only 5000w, and 12s4p is only 4000w

12s[email protected]=50.4100a = 5040w 12s[email protected]=50.480a=4032w So almost 1500 deliverable watts more then a standard 12s4p setup…

1 Like

What puts me off is the weight, as soon as I move my office to the first floor I’ll start the heaviest build no man has even seen

5 Likes

Yea true…but none of that includes the 70-90 hours of labor/staring thinking and drinking… Lol :wink:

8 Likes

It does seem a bit low, priced mine at around $2k, need to go back and itemize everything Oh and 11S5P@100A 4600watts :yum:

2 Likes

@deckoz you need to take more pictures and make a selfie stick gopro video

1 Like

One wheel suitcase it :wink:

com-optimize (3)

No doubt I would charge someone around 2400 for a build like this. I only added up the parts or consumables. Not the tools needed or labor hours. I also didn’t include shipping costs of all parts…

I need a selfie stick lol… I have a helmet cam? Maybe I’ll go see if I can find a selfie stick at Best buy or something.

6 Likes

Now go down the stairs with that same one wheel suitcase :blush:

1 Like

That was fun to watch, liked the the song too!

1 Like

Also someone correct me if I’m wrong as I didn’t have metr running.

But at 1:30 the “ABEC” on the front and rear tire stand still for a moment.

If I’m doing my math right…I recorded at 60 frames per second, so for abec to stand still it must be at or close to 60 revolutions per second.

107π=336mm circumference.

336mm * 60 revolutions is 20160mm distance traveled per second. Or ~45mph up a 16% grade hill.

5 Likes

Stunning video! Beautiful example of how to ride at speed too. It should be mandatory to wear this level of protection at these speeds. I cringe when I see a lot of people riding eboards at speed in the street - but you ride so well and are so well protected that if you did come off you’d just slide out. Makes it even more pleasant to watch dude! That board is a beast too!

2 Likes

Thanks @DanSkates. I took a spill at 35 a couple weeks ago and that’s litteraly what happened. I slid for 40 ft and had a sore shoulder but no road rash. I wish everyone that rode above 20 just tried to be safe.

1 Like

I’m sorry but 45mph is very hard to believe, even with 13s. That’s faster than I can cook my cup noodles, and I’m 100% Asian.

With that being said, here’s me being even more Asian: I screen recorded some clips and here’s what I found:

That length is approximately 1&1/5 the length of the evo (39" = basically a meter long)

I trimmed the clip to only that frame until you pass that black line I drew. The duration of that clip was 0.098s

Therefore, I conclude that at 1:30 you were traveling around 1.2/0.098s or 12.24m/s or 27.38mph. That seems a lot more accurate especially on a 16% hill grade. Mind you, that is still unbelievably fast up a hill that steep but then again you’re on dual 6374 13s5p.

One more thing, great decisions with your protective gear. I would bubble wrap myself if I were to ride a dual 6374 13s board. Good form and technique too. KUDOS

16 Likes