Master Evo | Landyachtz | ABEC 107| 13S5P | FocBox | 6374 190kV | metr

So the time has come for some changes. One of my biggest pet peeves is getting debris stuck in a belt tooth. While this has never really been an issue on my slower carve decks. It can really throw off my concentration on the road when going 30mph and tiny pebble or debris gets stuck in a tooth, causing the most distracting oscillation of the drive system from not spinning completely free.

I’ve used the motor pulley covers that @Apolo designed for me, and they have been great, but the soft aluminum of the metroboard pulleys just grabs debris no matter what. 90% of the time I would say metroboard pulleys are one of the best options because they are press in, and the width allows you to run 20mm belts super loose without an idler and no skipping of the belt.

Anyway because of this I asked @Kug3lis to design a gearbox for 218s & 107s

And he has. 06d1a6fa9f993829ce7d3aacd6185c539bded3bb_1_375x500d6bebe3850a3ef6b65fdf379d0c0222d9d0b22d0_1_375x500be7124ed5643d4c874cf0571ba32b62f26293522_1_666x500b6c96d6e612beca1301033ca2f5e4f8dfe799190_1_375x500

One of the first kits will be arriving soon, which I will be swapping over too.

This also is going to be a good opportunity for me to disassemble my motors for cleaning, and bearing refresh. Which I will make sure to take pictures of and show how to properly regrease sealed motor bearings(not oil).

Stay tuned, for an epic upgrade. :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

22 Likes

was hoping to see more detail on those :slight_smile:

A very elegant design so rare these days!

1 Like

i am fed up with belts… love to see a vid of these

1 Like

Curious how stealth this thing will be. Look and sound wise.

1 Like

Looks wise, I don’t think it will change much. Sound wise, will be all about setting the proper gear mesh, with lubrication.

I think the real tests will be, can it freewheel out-roll my loose ass 20mm belt setup. Which if the backlash on the Spurs is setup correctly, it should easily out-roll the belt setup.

It probably will. The difference between my trampa with direct drive and @laurnts trampa with belt was really noticeable. Much more ‘freewheel’ on the directdrive

1 Like

Direct drive and hub always have the least friction, so it’s smoother on rolling distance. Direct drive needs to have helical gear setup to minimize backlash and noise.

Yet I still like my belt setup for eATB although replacing belt when snapped suck balls :smiley:

1 Like

I tend to agree. But I’ve not seen anyone else running 20mm belts like this Evo & pshaw Evo. Our belts are so loose it’s almost all motor resistance. Pushing my Evo with belts off I can one push 29ft, with belts on is around 26-27ft. When I used 9, 12, or 15mm belts on other builds where the belt had to be tight to not skip, it was less then half of the distance of when belts weren’t installed.

So I’m really hoping the DD are basically the equivalent or better then wide as hell loose goosey belts :slight_smile:

Just a forewarning, those metro pulleys stretch out the bearing seat on the wheels. They’re going to creak with normal 608’s :frowning:

We shall see… I sanded the aluminum down there, and cut the mid section nipple off when I drilled them for 10mm axles. @PatRocks

I’ll take a picture of them when I press them out to show ya what I mean

1 Like

I run 25mm belts in my Evo, soon to be Bludgeon. Very very loose, but still lots of freewheel friction. My Evo galcon with gear drive freewheels much better…but I ain’t pushing, if I break down I either walk or Uber :grinning:.

2 Likes

Hahaha yeah same here… I mostly mean freewheeling for riding. Not always having to be on the throttle. The worst is when your belts are so tight that you have to use throttle to go down a hill… Hahaha never again @mmaner

I just don’t know a more natural way to test freewheel other than a single push distance test…

PS it’s still an evo with wide belts, guess only Evo owners go wide lol…

1 Like

I’m rooting for you!! I was PISSED when i found that out

1 Like

I’ve gotten a few PM’s about where I got my 13s Micro BMS.

So figured I’d share my seller.

The charger I use is currently out of stock but this will work as well

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F282935128995

6 Likes

Why are you using 13s5p over 12s or 10s?

Because rocket sauce @AresTech

com-resize

27 Likes

Can’t stop watching… So fast :star_struck:

2 Likes

I can’t wait to see same 13s action with gears… It should accelerate way much more compared to belts… MAYBE he will reach speed of light and @Deckoz will leave this universe like Barry Allen :joy:

8 Likes

He needs to ride with full body armor + a fricking parachute

1 Like

OKAY PEOPLE. I SAY WE DO A “DECKOZ CHALLENGE” Take videos of you zooming off in an epic fashion and post them in the “no words” thread. and hashtag it #deckozchallenge. Let’s see some cool zooms. @Deckoz bless this idea :star_struck:

2 Likes