Master Evo | Landyachtz | ABEC 107| 13S5P | FocBox | 6374 190kV | metr

It’s more so a space issue. I don’t want to run the Icarus top mount. It’s built. With the exception of motors and mounts. And likely going to sit until a decent hub drive/direct drive that’s readily available comes.

1 Like

Brad, next time you shot a GoPro video, turn the camera upside down to get a nice shot of the board in all it’s glory

1 Like

Ok, I lied. I put the lights and speakers on and hated the way it looked. So back to how it was…I still want to install some laser beams like my vanguard though

Except I pulled a @scepterr and stole the Blue and Pink surfrodz rkp on the front with positive rake.

Sure man, as soon as it stops raining lol :slight_smile:

2 Likes

13s No load full charge spool… All the rpms…

9 Likes

Wheels retain their shape well. What’s that calc to no load mph?

53 mph no load is the calculated…but at full charge. Metr only goes up to 49 though so I imagine that’s efficiency/copper loss/minor sag

1 Like

Sounds like a jet

Are you running CAN bus? I have a strange problem that with no load the slave motor spins to top speed and then drops way lower than the master

1 Like

I am indeed running canbus. I’m not sure why your slave would drop out and not the master… What you describe sounds similar to not calibrating a nano remote on boot up and going full throttle…but that affects both escs…

@eboosted recently had a problem kind of like that too, it was the primary capacitors for the ESC had broken off… just an idea?

@pedrodemio have connected the ESCs via can bus?

Have you installed an hm-10 device?

If so, I had the same exact issue:

The motor configuration I write via Bluetooth only updates one ESC, in order to test it just adjust top speed via Bluetooth to 5km/hr and see if one wheel spins faster than the other at full throttle, you could also check the configuration by plugging the USB to the board and reading them.

This started to happen on the latest ackmaniac firmware 3.100

Is this is not your issue, sorry for my long, random/unhelpful post

1 Like

Have you tried it in FOC yet? Don’t know if I should run my focbox in CAN or not because I hear foc can have connection issues…

Yea…all my builds are sensored foc…

@Deckoz

Do you run any erpm limit? Maybe that’s causing the “issue”, I put like that because riding it works normally, exactly same consumption on booth escs

Since I’m controlling the escs via uart it can’t be calibration

And by the way, after seeing your video I bought a selfie stick, tried for the first time today, you can get amazing shots, way better than holding the camera or having someone filming stationary, I never managed to get the felling of ridding in any other footage before

@Eboosted

Yes, using it, but even checking and configuring everything via usb results the same, again, it’s not a problem, just a curious behavior

Maybe I should limit the erpm only on the master VESC, will try that

1 Like

Hmm

I have my erpm limit set at 120k…but I don’t think foc has an erpm…

And nice. @ me when you post some video!

yeah, I think it’s not called erpm, but you can limit the maximum speed just like BLDC

Sure, as soon as I managed to accumulate some nice footage of some massive hills and nice streets, I will put something together

@Deckoz

https://instagram.com/p/BhS5KqKjMrb/

1 Like

Seeing this beast I’m tempted to give my old DHL evo another try. I loved it back in 2012 (damn I’m getting old), but left it abandoned because of it indirect steering and went top mount since. Do the risers make a huge difference and make the evo more agile again? Have you ridden your evo without risers once. Kinda liked the Evo because ist felt like a school bus. Sliding was always rough due to the length tho.

2 Likes

They did just come out with a 36" Evo called the Falcon Evo :slight_smile:

Anyway, regripped and added some gas pedals for standies.

4 Likes

I ordered a falcon, really looking forward to it.

1 Like

Man… You had the super old Evo that was 41" before 2014…the newest evos are 39" and now there is a 36".

I used my evo for DH before I built it. I didn’t have any issues sliding it on 74mm wheels.

I ran it with risers then as well as with it low I felt the slides were unpredictable and to easy to slide out.

Yes it tends to “oversteer” I had no idea that the wheelsbase was shortened, so I guess more space for batteries :wink:

1 Like

If you can fit more then the 65 cells I have on the 39"… I wanna see it haha

2 Likes