Marble | Zenit Marble 38 | Surf Rodz RKP | Carvon Speeddrive R v4 | 12s4p | TB 12s Enclosure | Focbox x2 | 97mm ABEC 11 Flywheels | GT2B |

I have more than half a mind to switch this to a regular 'ol belt drive man, these are causing me so much annoyance. I lose a motor fr a few seconds on acceleration if give it too many amps (too much throttle) and it really puts a damper on my fun. Maybe I’ll take my other SR truck from my spare hub board and get some nice motors and mounts. That costs money though and I’m in the middle of building a MTB.

I sure hope this still works by the time the Colorado trip comes around. Would super suck to have an inoperable board when it’s time to leave.

Previously my light bracket fell apart during a ride so it’s time to replace it. I decided to go with a different light and mounting mechanism since the old one gave me so much trouble. Hopefully this one will stand the test of time.

I also have a 6 amp charger on the way, should be much faster than the 2 amp one I’m currently using. If I go down to 10% it takes up to 10 hours to recharge and that’s no bueno. It should arrive before Colorado so that will be nice. Also changing to an external “waterproof” step-down converter so my enclosure won’t be as much of a pain in the ass to take off and put back on. This thing isn’t intended to get wet anyway so that’s fine.

Will update when things arrive.

Also, I finally logged 1k miles on this baby and I loved every one of them.

2 Likes

The light is here, I think it looks sleeker than the old one. And this mounting system doesn’t look like it will fall apart on me either. I had to file down a fin to get it to point down far enough but I think I will have to do some more filing. Don’t want to blind people. IMG_20190518_190108

The converter is a bit bigger than I though it would be! Always check dimensions before you buy! I think it will be safe where I put it although it’s not the prettiest. A project for a future date. IMG_20190518_190056

If you didn’t notice I’m also running 85mm Caguamas up front (with a riser to keep the deck level and 97mm Flywheels down back while I wait for these darn kegel adapters. Can’t wait for the rain to stop.

1 Like