Marble | Zenit Marble 38 | Surf Rodz RKP | Carvon Speeddrive R v4 | 12s4p | TB 12s Enclosure | Focbox x2 | 97mm ABEC 11 Flywheels | GT2B |

I replaced the small one which is a 6900rs. The large bearing is a 6805rs.

1 Like

IMG_20181225_081544

6 Likes

@Saturn_Corp hi man! Nice board ! Do you recommend this battery pack?? Even with this enclosure that seem to crack often?.. also , did you fix the battery to the deck or it just fix by the enclosure ?? Thanks !

Itā€™s a good battery pack but yes the enclosure is kinda trash, at least itā€™s free. It was also nice not needing to worry about cutting holes in an enclosure for the charging port and such for a first time builder, but the layout is a little restricting for when I want to change enclosures down the line because all the bits I need to access are at the top of the battery.

Itā€™s just sitting in the enclosure, not really strapped in anywhere. The vescs and other bits are stuck with Velcro to the deck though.

1 Like

Iā€™m looking at getting a single 200mm Surf Rodz rkp truck but have no idea how long the axle should be (50mm-80mm?) nor do I know how to get them engraved. I canā€™t seem to find anywhere that isnā€™t selling less than a set either. It would be great to have an adjustable baseplate but those donā€™t seem to be around anymore.

Last night I stayed up late sleeving phase wires and ABS cementing bullet connectors into the side of my enclosure among other small improvements like new bushings and pivot cups (man do I have a lot of RipTide stickers now). I kinda got really into it and forgot to take photos although I managed to get a few shots. Will follow up with fun to look at photos in a bit.

Iā€™m loving the Surf Rodz, but the 70mm axles are definitely a bit too long and I should have stuck with 50mm. One thing to note is the 45 degree base plate doesnā€™t fit the Carvon hanger, so for now Iā€™m stuck with the 50 degree plate de-wedged 7 degrees. Split angles and precision trucks are awesome btw. IMG_20190122_223353

This sleeve is nice but I honestly donā€™t need this much. IMG_20190122_224411

Money shot where Iā€™m holding connectors waiting for the ABS cement to firm up. IMG_20190123_001420

5 Likes

Iā€™m very familiar with this. It does make me wonder what you would get when you buy stickers from them.

I also ordered 5m of sleeve. Was the smallest amount they offered.

1 Like

IMG_20190123_171534 IMG_20190123_171642 IMG_20190123_191412 IMG_20190123_191713

3 Likes

Screw came loose and shredded some of my sleeveing. IMG_20190125_164110

4 Likes

Also hereā€™s half of a run from last night, I took it fairly slow. Seems good.

Wait a minute the temp seems a bit high, unless itā€™s motor temp. EDIT: stupid imperial/metric nonsense,

2 Likes

IMG_20190216_143856 Cool enclosure bolt washers for extra flair, gonna have some on the truck bolts too when my carbon fiber plates get here. IMG_20190216_143808 Finally got some appropriate length screws. IMG_20190216_121604 Somehow Iā€™ve never shown the internal layout in this thread before. Here it is.

More to come.

2 Likes

Nice. I have this deck cuz of youā€¦ havent built it but i ride it regularā€¦ love it.

1 Like

Small list of updates to the build, I got some sick carbon fiber rectangle things courtesy of @akhlut, swapped the Funbox baseplate the Carvons came with to a Randal 35 increasing my split from 45/42 to 45/35 (still need to get a riptide pivot up for that), ditched the risers and angled risers now that I have these smaller Caguamas, and flipped the screws holding my enclosure around so the head is underneath. This looks a bit nicer underneath but Iā€™m stepping on one of the protruding screws with my front foot so Iā€™m probably gonna revert back to how it was.

IMG_20190329_175805 IMG_20190329_180405

Still donā€™t have the kegel adapters yet so this build has been sitting unused for a month. This weekend I hope to get them but Iā€™ve said that the past two weekends so eh.

4 Likes

Hah, I have a similar grip tape layout :sweat_smile: ā€¦ nothing in the middle, just where the feet touch the deck!

Snapchat-931730682 Having some printer issues but theyā€™re coming along. Once theyā€™re done Iā€™ll test 'em for a week or two so I know I can trust them before releasing the file here for others.

3 Likes

What is it? :open_mouth:

Looks like kegel pulley adapter

2 Likes

IMG_20190411_184748

2 Likes

These freaking direct drives are driving me nuts! The board sits against a wall for a month with no use and a magnet somehow breaks and a bearing seizes, seriously? Was acting funny so I ran motor detection which didnā€™t work. I replaced the bearing after a few hours of work (rolls so quiet and smooth now) and motor detection finally works even with the broken magnet. Gonna have to fix that at some point but it works now at the very least. I also stripped a very important screw that holds the collar on to the hanger .__. so now I have to figure out what it is, and remove the stripped one. Good news is that itā€™s most of the way in and holding fine so against your better judgement Iā€™m going to keep riding until itā€™s replaced.

Oh, and you know that annoying bearing I literally just replaced? I came back from a night ride to test my work it started making sounds again like the last one. Still free rolls fine though, and much farther than it did before so improvements have been made at the very least.

Sounds like youā€™re using dodgy bearings