Magharees Púca >>> Caliber II Fifty | 2 X APS 6355S | @WSB V1-0 Mounts | @johnny_261 Pulleys | @akhlut X Bolt plates | agniusm N.E.S.E. Cell holders | Samsung 25R 12S4P | Vanda VESCs x 2 | Freebord S2 bindings

Going cooler seems counter-intuitive (I think), but will give it a shot. Thanks for the tip.

4 more to go then it’s lids, then fun with SainSmart TPU for the caps, for which despite the Bondtech extruder, still misfeeds if I print faster than 60mm/s, and I can’t get 1st layer to stick reliably unless i go 10mm/s. And strings like mad.

Update on the underextrusion glitch. I disconnected USB, and printed from SD card (I got a FlashAir card at least). Glitched on 2nd print. So it’s the beta firmware or the slicer’s start/end gcode. I can get back on octoprint.

Believe it or not I’m trying to keep things simple. Wasn’t going to use even Octoprint but with all the failures I needed remote webcam, and had a Pi lying around, and Prusa has a modified octopi image… Staying in the ecosystem at least gives me some decent starting points for configs and such.

I was under the impression that it happened from excess heat as it tries to maintain 100c throughout the print and overshoots a bit, especially right over the heating elements

I think the theory is, each successive layer above the heated bed gets a bit colder, and shrinks a bit more. Making the bed hotter keeps more of the lower layers from cooling and shrinking, moving the shrink stress higher.

All confused and curious now. I’ll try what you suggested, and also try bed heat 120, I believe that’s my max. I can also try like 5 layer high mouse ears in addition to the brim. But maybe all this would be a waste – an enclosure is probably the better thing to try. Just a bit scared of flames.

And dude go to sleep!

That is what made curling go away for me, the how and why I’m only guessing at :yum: And I have an enclosed printer

My box is not a great model, you may need to slightly enlarge the lid groove, also I get a strange filet from each of the corner bolsters, but it’s workable.

If you have the skills please rework and share

I had a little package arrive from beltingonline a whiles back and since my printer is being a bitch again I needed a switch of activity.

Introducing tool steel, it’s what should go into the keyway you find in an APS motor, which was another reason for the order…10mm motor pulleys are not common.

Anyway you can buy a keyway for about €3.5 or you can roll your own it’s not hard, a dremel or hacksaw and a file is all you need. This bar would make keyways for a dozen or so motors, a small vice is handy

1 Like

Hm the last lid + tray I printed, PETG, fit perfectly. Not sure what you mean. I’ll try printing a lid so I can test.

Hang on…if you’re talking about the nese pack then best doing it on @agniusm’s thread not sure

BTW, @deucesdown, have you tried abs juice? Get some acetone, put some abs scraps, same colour, mix it until dissolved, should be still watery, not thick, brush it onto the bed and you shouldn’ need even a brim. Although i print on pei and that stuff made it stick so well that i ripped my pei, mostly my fault not letting it cool down.

Hey sorry, got carried away, I’ll stop polluting your thread.

@agniusm I think I’m doing okay, will experiment a bit more including abs juice.

Here’s a thing I found for sk3, a little work with the digital knife

And enjoy APS people…if you run a solo motor or think a mountless version is stupid, then add back in the mounting plate :slight_smile:

I need to align my motors a bit, reminds me of getting aftermarket pipes aligned on motorbikes

4 Likes

Slight mod with additional reinforcement ring on the fan blades and plenty of cooling to the end, not a great print as those holes should be hexagonal, it’s printed in carbonfill. The printer is being a bitch with her thermocouple.

May put some alum mesh on the end a la @trampa

And put a nice little 5mm brass insert with SS bolt and cop washer

1 Like

How is this project coming along? Would like to know how the modules are holding up.

Hey Ronny I screwed up the Drv’s on the 4.12 vanda esc’s I had, they both went in quick succession. Got some new chips but yet to fix em.

Inspired to repair one of them, first drv8302 it’s a relatively ugly job but it works. first time using hot air much to the dissagreement of my wife

2 Likes

Purpy-durpy

3 Likes

2nd vesc repaired and running, needs the cappcb installed and phase sorted for the @3DServisas case, getting closer on this one.

Oh and I’m learning through failure on the ups and downs of drv replacements, this time I managed to free another solder pad from its moorings but a LCD microscope really helped getting it back in place. I salvaged a couple of caps I managed to blow off with hot air from the Miami vesc I got from @Martinsp which I subsequently butchered with an angry drv repair, never repair :rage:

2 Likes

Not much free time until the end of next week, then two family free nights, ill stay out of the pub on one of those

1 Like

Dont give up on the repair! Some pads are not connected to anything, those are the ones that easily come off. You can check that in the schematic. If you are interested in giving it another shot post a pic id be interested to see. BTW the miami VESC uses DRV8301 even though it is based on 4.12 HW

Love the board, have to get myself a drop down deck one of these days.

Thanks Martin I’ll take a look again but it’s on the bottom of the priority list right now, I have a feeling I completely buggered the pcb, being a custom design there is nothing for it but harvesting component, will post a pic from the microscope…maybe I could scratch the trace and join something…so involved!