MAD Storm...The attempt to create the Most Powerful Direct Drive_LoL

Exactly I am going to fill the gaps with high temperature retainer loctite or high temp epoxy. I have both but I will probably go with the specific loctite product since seems made for that. All my cylindrical parts are getting loctite. My bearings sit thight but no press fit. Too difficult to achieve it and I needed to remove the bearings several times during testing

1 Like

And a tumbler on the lathe for different pitches I believe is very desirable for cutting thread

Expect to see some cool manual -> CNC posts on the future

1 Like

My lathe is capable of cutting thread. The problem is the operator :sweat_smile: I am totally in love with the CNC and I got a new DIY to upgrade my small one. It should become faster and more rigid afterwards. Once I have done with these GB and projects I will install it. Now use it to often and I can not disassemble it.

2 Likes

At the end reduce the inizial axle radius to allow the die to start cutting did the trick. So now only assembling left! I can’t believe it.

15 Likes

I did not forget about it. The new CNC took my time. Half assembled :wink:

IMG_20190504_091236

14 Likes

:tada: :confetti_ball: :tada:

It’s finally done! Today full immersion to finish this thing. Happy…Yes. Satisfied…ibwilk tell you when it’s on a board. Are you gonna do it again… Yes but need a break :laughing:

IMG_20190504_235822 IMG_20190504_231249 IMG_20190504_231231 IMG_20190504_231216

27 Likes

Looking real nice. What wheels are mounted on there right now?

1 Like

Popoca 90mm

3 Likes

Congrats bro !!! It’s amazing what you have done! They look fast even without a board :smile:

I re-read the thread again :blush: ! Can’t wait for the ride test :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

yeh started to make the battery now but since I want to use NESE module style I have to figure it out how to fit the BMS. It’s tight there with the big modules. I will see. Printing one for test now :wink:

1 Like

Cool ! (I think you already think about it, but, if it’s bypass bms, you should put it off-board…)

yes it’s bypass bms. No didn’t think about it. You mean to put the balance port on the side of the board?

Yes, like that, you could use a bms for all your deck/pack (as the power supply).
Also less electronic on board is always good ^^ and you save space ! (maybe you could go 13s like that :smile: jk , not with the storm !)

1 Like

+1 I’m exploring this too have a look at this thread and this post

2 Likes

Yes but it’s an integrated deck if I start drill ports on the side you loose the concept. It has to look as close as possible as normal deck. I am also thinking of using just start to push to do not instal any power button. I got a micro bms but doens’t balance. The smaller 12s I see from Bestech is the one @Chase used (http://www.bestechpower.com/444v12spcmbmspcbforli-ionli-polymerbatterypack/PCM-D606.html). Can mine is 10mm wider. I will see. By my test the fit it’s really tight. If someone knows a really small bms that actually work let me know!

2 Likes

The red ones are really tiny. The scale in the photos are off because they have jst ph not xh.

Various bms for scale

I do not see the red ones you mean. Anyhow I have a really thin BMS http://www.bestechpower.com/444v12spcmbmspcbforli-ionli-polymerbatterypack/BMS-D140.html. But I can not fit it on top due to the lid and it’s really thigh on the side. Maybe something more square could work. I bought this one but then someone pointed it out that it doesn’t balance https://www.ebay.de/itm/Protection-BMS-PCB-Fit-48V-54-6V-13S-18650-Li-Ion-Li-Polymer-Battery-Pack-15-45A/322487130485?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648

Look up I added photos :slight_smile:

1 Like

ah nice! I will buy it just in case. I know them but did’t thought they where smaller. I will check. Thanks