Lou She's Esk8 on Kickstarter

lmao, no mate. I guess you got to be chinese to know chinese scams happening. xD

As i said, i just dont like seeing scams. ok i shut up now. made my point i think.

You guys are weird. About 10 years ago I bought a Compal laptop from a Dutch company who just shipped containers of laptops to the EU. 10 months after I started using my Compal laptop the famous brand DELL launched a new laptop. An identical laptop, build by Compal, (re)branded by Dell. Huge price markup because you got a 2year EU DELL warranty on it. Today my Compal laptop still boots up fine (not that I use it anymore though, its obviously old).

My point is who cares about rebrands? Most of the stuff we buy gets produced in China anyway.

If SoFlowā€™s part is to bring some kind of support to EU (Iā€™m aware what kickstarter & warranty means, I backed a dozen of projects the past years, half of them being shit) while reselling Wintechwhateverchinaproducedstuff than Iā€™m completely fine with that Swiss guy making some money on it.

The Lou 1.0 seems like a noob friendly basic small waterproof board for a ā€˜normalā€™ price, I see nothing wrong with that. I even intend to back one.

The proā€™s should just stop bitching and buy mellow 4x4ā€™s so they can stare down on the Lou idiots who backed a kickstarter that uses stuff made in China. Welcome to world economy.

There is a difference from your example;

1)They donā€™t just simply produce the Lou in China, a Chinese company designed it. I doubt your laptop was designed from China.

1. Its not about just ā€œrebrandingā€, Its the deceitfulness of the whole ā€œswissā€ engineering. If they were upfront and honest instead of trying to slyly play off the Winboard situation, it would have been better.
1 Like

Still going on about this? I thought we agreed that this thread is going to be about the board, the speccs, what it can do and what it cannot. The rest should be done. All points have been made. All we have to discus further is the product.

Ps: getting the board tomorrow. Video will follow tomorrow ( if wheater is better) or friday. Tell me what you want me to showcase. (speed,range,hill climb, finish,wheels,bushings will be covered) what else?

1 Like

@michichopf Show climb hill ability, thatā€™s a spot where typical hub motors fail I thinkā€¦ or so people tell :slight_smile:

Braking force demonstration would be also coolā€¦ I wonder does the brakes work 100% of the timeā€¦ and also how sensitive are theyā€¦

If they do run in Focā€¦ I think it should be a really amazing boardā€¦ in general

Show kickstart and standing start acceleration, offroad handling, performance/speed degradation when battery levels drop (timed run at 90% battery & 25% battery?), charging times. I guess you know what you are doing :slight_smile:

Maybe try to formulate in a conclusion who would be happy with the board, what kind of user, not just your own perspective as a (performance) rider.

awesome man. Will follow your instructions.

@Okami Alright will do as well. !

Well, after being 20degrees plus for a while it decided to snow. First dry day will be sturday. So donā€™t expect too much before thenā€¦

This thread is legendaryā€¦ I created an esk8 account just to say thisā€¦

2 Likes

Alright finished the testing / recording: speed, hill climb, acceleration, braking, range, throttel controle, weight, weels, trucks and bushing are done. Also my take on the board and recomendations for whom it would work out.Did I miss something? And all of the footage is POV or mounted camera with drive byā€™s. Would you like some 3rd person footage of an e-board following me or do you think its unescesarry. If not I could edit it (virtually no skills though) tomorrow and upload it, or get follow cam footage tomorrow and upload it monday.

2 Likes

Would love to see how the hub motor attaches / fixes to the truck - it appears that thereā€™s some kind of extra sub axle, of something? A photo of the motor removed from the axle would be greatā€¦

Sorry, I have glanced over the posts but couldnā€™t find what was the board you were testing, 1.0, 2.0 or 3.0? :slight_smile:

will do. :slight_smile:

@SilentException irs the 3.0

2 Likes

What a lovely thread. Thanks for telling me Some info i didnā€™t know Before. Cant Wait for the vid!

Better late than never. Hope it helps somewhat.

8 Likes

Nice! Thanks for this. You should ask for 1.0 or 2.0 next to compare :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are you convinced the battery will be a lot better on the final version? What they told you, does it make sense? Will they use high quality cells?

You would prefer the wood deck over the others? (I assume all colored ones are slippery when wet)

That would be super!

Their BMS ā€œfairytaleā€ worries me though. They cannot really beat the physics. Or maybe your unit had some really weird BMS setup, Let us know if you have any further info regarding that.

Donā€™t know if anyone posted this yet but I found another chinese version of the Lou, this time from YABO

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/New-Hub-motor-electric-skateboard-booster_60616718446.html?spm=a2700.7724838.0.0.wnfVe0