Lou She's Esk8 on Kickstarter

Is this the hub motors Lou is using?

hub motors 90mm

Hello everyone, this is REAL WINboard. Thanks for your attention for WINboard and any questions we can talk here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Real WINBoard? Can you please explain the relationship between you and SoFlow? Are you using the same manufacturer?

Who designed it from the very start?

Also, why did you remove all traces of GT-M7 from the Internets?

Good luck getting no bias answers asking Winboard themselves…

pretty sketchy the fact winboard is even here.

I’m all for innovation in the eSkate arena, but why does So Flow have to feed us this “Swiss Engineering” nonsense? Clearly this is straight outta Jiangsu, China.

“Lou” hub motor (Source):

WINboard hub motor (Source):

1 Like

Following Michichopf’s review, I borrowed the Lou 3.0 beta board for some test riding as well. As I have mentioned in previous posts my normal ride and measure of comparison is the Evolve carbon GT. Unfortunately the weather didn’t help and I only got to briefly test it before handing it back to the owner. Below is my personal opinion of the Lou 3.0 beta board:

I did a ~5.5km ride with average inclines and the board performed nicely. Unfortunately I do not know how much more range the board had in it after that ride. It didn’t have any issues going up and accelerating on average inclines (I did a very poor calculation online, based on the vertical climb and the distance travelled and the max steepness grade I have tested was approximately 7%). The max speed was fine for me as I am not a very experienced rider and I don’t feel super comfortable with anything above 30-35 on a penny board. For sure acceleration is slower than the GT which launches uphill but it wouldn’t be fair to compare these two as they belong to different categories and the GT costs almost three times as much as Lou does. Two things I have noticed on this beta board are 1. The board kept on beeping constantly (I don’t know what the reason was, but it didn’t seem to affect the riding) 2. On steep downhills the brakes were not strong enough to get me to a stop. These two issues can be related to the fact that the board was a beta version.

Overall my test was very short and not thorough but in my POV Lou was very comfortable for a penny board with hub motors, suitable for city commutes, fast enough for a penny board (for an average rider) and powerful enough to climb average hills (didn’t test it on extremely steep inclines). On the downside the lack of power in braking is something that needs to be addressed in the future versions.

4 Likes

I just got my hands on a winboard/lou version of gt-m7. will be here in a week or 2. great “swiss” engineering.

1 Like

how much did you end up paying ?

https://www.winboardskate.com/products/gt-m2-remote-control-electric-skateboard/#iLightbox[gallery12699]/31 For the price Lou is charging for the dual hub version. This seems to be a better deal. 10s3p battery, same esc, remote, hub motors. The price Lou is charging for the dual motors seems really expensive to what you can get from winboard. The single Lou on the other hand is a decent deal. Winboard already has an app out for these to change acceleration and braking curve

1 Like

Details will be down-low for now until the board arrives. Let’s just say i won’t get the rebrand “swiss” price tag slapped on top.

Wich Version of the Lou is it equivalent to (1.0, 2.0, 3.0) and where did you get it? I wrote a mail to winboard just out of curiosity but they told me the gt-m7 is not for sale anymore. The only board that seems to be worth buying is the 3.0, but for that price I’d rather get something else… @longhairedboy

2.0. This will be the last i will speak of it as i don’t want them to try snuff out my order.

WINBOARD GT-M2

Product Dimension(mm) 910230115 Net weight(KG) 6.8 KG

It’s not even comparable…

Lol

https://www.google.com/search?q=winboard+gt+m7&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari#imgrc=RXMEHGBuaXtJeM:

i still kind of want this, or the spectra silver

It’s almost over. The 1.0 pack with an extra battery is nice and if you add enough money for another pack, you don’t have to add the shipping fee for it (i asked by private message). I’m buying the 3.0 pack with extra battery + 1.0 pack, also with extra battery for my gf.

Lou She’s has been video-ed (reviewed) by unbox therapy…

also from fabtrav which at the end of the video says “I’ll probably start making e-sk8 videos because I get more views” lol

My rule for Kickstarter over 50 USD (including shipping) - wait until release and first try reports… Paying a bit more for release-price would be more secure as paying everything to a company not able to release…

For the copy incidents: wouldn’t be that much of a problem if a finished product is available and reaches what promised (so: 1. public purchase available, no pre-order, 2. reviews of ranges from multiple sources - not in video format - FabTrav and so on always say it’s a pre-release version - so this doesn’t count). I asked so-flow whether it’s possible to visit them in Swizerland. - No reply yet.So - I wait until they’re publicly available. The so-flow website doesn’t have an imprint, but their whois points to a swiss address… Even the new louboard.com doesn’t have a real imprint.

FabTrav’s most said sentences about Lou is “I talked to (whoeverproducedlou). They’ll deliver, I promise”. That said it’s a sign that some are in doubt…

2 Likes

a popular youtuber crashes with the lou board. Title was: “I’m lucky to be alive” - so Winboard/SoFlow could have wanted it less clickbait…

What really grinds my gears is that no one is wearing helmets in any of their promotional videos. Like that’s cool or something :unamused: