Jed electric boards

Here’s the board rolling with the power on to give you an idea of the resistance from our Jed Drive. This is only pushing once on a fairly flat surface.

5 Likes

Looking good! :grinning:

Thanks! :slight_smile:

We’ve made a number of refinements to our gearing and drive systems to help with noise and alignment. We’ve re-cut all our gears with a new gear cutter and have changed our gearing slightly, which has allowed us to reach up to 35km/hr top speed. With some pack reconfiguration our 780g battery pack now contains over 14AH of power, with the ability to burst up to 80A per pack.

Our new gear and POM spacers

13 Likes

SO this is kind of amazing… actually, it’s really amazing thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! Appreciate the kind words :slight_smile:

Our first beta boards are ready for action!

12 Likes

I’m happy to beta test them for you :wink:

1 Like

Hit me up on DM. We have a few spots open.

Just went for a nice ride before the rain starts!

7 Likes

More testing today. Today we’ve put a set of gears on without any treatment or lubrication to stress test the conditions we can push the Jed Drive to before we start to see issues.

The noise is a little loud given the lack of lubrication and coating on the gears.

We’ve also made some tweaks to our braking curve that adjusts based on how fast or slow you’re travelling. At the end of the video below we go from 20km/hr down to 0 in a matter of seconds, but the force isn’t such that you feel like you’re going to be thrown off the board.

1 Like

Awesome, looks great. I’m not sure if this has been mentioned already but are you going to stick with that deck in the finished product or move to perhaps a custom deck?

We’re using the loaded vanguard for testing purposes. We’ve been designing our own bamboo deck for the last 9 months. We will start pressing our final design in the next few weeks :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Here’s a real world range test. Full charge. Riding on the road on car free day here in Singapore. Weather around 33C. Total rider weight plus backpack just shy of 100kg. Riding was non stop.

Some additional testing. This was on a 20% gradient hill that’s quite long. Our new pack only sags around 0.75-1% when pulling maximum current for continued periods. Total weight including rider, backpack, measuring gear, camera, etc is just over 100kg.

Edit: Seems instagram’s new multi picture thing doesn’t post here. Instagram link

You have a 4S4P battery pack and the voltage sag is only 1% when pulling maximum current. So from fully charged 16.8V it sags to 16.632V. If Elon Musk is watching this forum then i am sure you get a call today.

5 Likes

We would welcome his call :slight_smile:

We did some more airline testing recently and were able to carry our dual drive Jed Board from Singapore - Sydney with Scoot. Then Sydney to Melbourne on Virgin Australia and back to Sydney again then off to Singapore again!

We got stopped in Melbourne coming back to Sydney by the automated X-ray machine that thought it was a hover board. After a quick chat with security they had no issues letting it onboard.

What are ur board specs

Our dual drive is 232wh Lithium Manganese Dioxide pack.

You should calculate the Wh with 3.6V instead of 4.2V a cell. So 200 wh is more realistic. Don’t get me wrong, I think the direct gears are really cool. But you should try to keep your marketing a bit realistic. How many watts is the maximum power output of the entire system?

And in theory the battery isn’t allowed on a airplane. So you simply have been lucky. So when you are lucky enough to take it with you on the first flight then that doesn’t mean that that also works on your flight back.