It is official, new 107mm ABEC's from Evolve!

Electric? ^ Looks offset? https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/s640x640/sh0.08/e35/21984596_1391250684330765_8534673730293465088_n.jpg I’ve got a tingly feeling in my special place :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

@psychotiller sixshooter pneumatics turned great on a stiff wood deck. I wonder if somethkng else on the set up you tried was affecting their cornering ability.

1 Like

Must be the side set superflys if they are mounting on the evolve gt.

2 Likes

I have both, 107’s roll mich better than the MBS wheels.

1 Like

Sadly haven’t gotten to try those, the trucks weren’t that great too so who knows… Need to make it to a meetup :grin:

1 Like

Yeah they look to be new Superfly mold, and the contact patch dimensions confirm this. Which is good, because that means any pulley that fits on their smaller wheels will also work. I know Chris Chaput joked that the only wheels that electric skateboarders don’t use are, ironically, the older 107mm Electric Flywheels

55mm contact patch on the Abec11/Evolve 55mm CP on Superflys 58mm CP on E-flywheels

3 Likes

would you prefer a 6" pneumatic over the 107s?

I’m debating on whether I should get a set of those holed out solid 6" PU wheels or if I should wait for these. I’m currently on slightly shaven MBS’s and I can get around fairly well.

1 Like

Ive been getting a lot of flat tires lately which has me slightly reconsidering but atm I still really like pneumatics. They offer adjustable ride comfort and characteristics by changing pressure and tread pattern and seem to offer supieror and more consistent traction. They cost 2-3x more, are bulkier and get flats though. Probably depends on your application but for communting Id probably still want the pneumi’s with the 107’s a close 2nd and smaller urathane wheels a very distant 3rd.

1 Like

…like the fattier Pink E-Flywheels, which I love the most. 58mm CP, right?

Looks like i should build 110mm for jacobs hubs.

1 Like

funny he would joke about that. I think nobody was using them because nobody could fucking order them.

Good ol’ Chris. He probably just didn’t like them for some reason and said fuck it.

Those evolve wheels are just black superflys with paint. Maybe I should get some red ones. Oh wait… metroboard…

Purple ones would be cool.

3 Likes

there are 2 version of the Electric Flywheels and the pink one is 62cp

I’ve ridden Abecs in 97, 107, pneumatics, the 100mm MBS and the new 107 and I like the SuperFlys the most, they are heavy but worth it

2 Likes

so what about 97mm Abecs vs 100MBS …which one you like better ?

2 Likes

Pretty close call for me. Cant really say.

2 Likes

ABECs in 75a cause softer ride MBS are cool looking and cheaper

1 Like

I am wondering what’s the duro on 100mm MBS ?

1 Like

­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­78a …

1 Like

Yeap, 78 duro.

I’ve measured the MBS’s, they’re not actually 100. They’re more like 97-98 at the very highest tread. After you shave it a little, it becomes 96-97 and after you shave through to the second from furthest outer tread, it becomes more like 95-96.

MBS is a good wheel on a budget. But if you want a true 97, get the ABEC. It’ll have a full 97mm diameter and a larger full contact patch. The only thing the full contact patch doesn’t have is as smooth of a transition going up bumps at a 45 degree angle or less. The slight coned angle on the MBS allows the wheel to not catch a ‘ridges’ when riding near parallel to them.

3 Likes