It is official, new 107mm ABEC's from Evolve!

Holly Molly!! Evolve just posted this in their australian home page. It’s a render but is official. They announced ABEC 11 and Evolve “…have aligned even further to release a co-branded Electric Skate wheel. Expected release date approx. early October”

Apparently they are going to brand it “GT - F1”

https://www.evolveskateboards.com.au/

1 Like

:slight_smile: think I they could have increased the core size to reduce some weight and cost while they were at it.

2 Likes

Have you read @ChrisChaput discussion of core vs wheel diameter? He seems to have put quite a bit of thought into its ratio after trying many different combinations.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip, i bet it is this one you mean: https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/hub-motor-urethane-riding-qualities/27818/13

Looks interesting, I will read through it :slight_smile:

Edit: Read half of it, and will leave it at that, what a mess. Conclusion: stick to my Kegels and dont buy the Raptor 2.

3 Likes

Well I have abec 11 90mm, 97mm, and 107mm and Kegals. Small kegals are my least favorite to be honest. The 107’s are the best ride with the least rolling resisitance Ive experienced hands down. Id still recommend them.

2 Likes

Hmm these might be perfect for my build. Gotta be big & black or it won’t work :yum: (Will have to blackout yellow core)

3 Likes

I have those too, no complaints about them but the 107’s roll very noticeably better. Those MBS 100’s are way cheaper though

1 Like

The MBS are great up to 20mph, for me above that they start to rumble, at 25 it’s quite annoying, been thinking of shaving them down but don’t wanna lose size

2 Likes

Does that means you’re using the @ralphy mod?

1 Like

No? Not sure what that is :thinking:

LOL, great minds think alike :smile:

1 Like

I guess I have to try some myself one day just to see what everyone is talking about.

1 Like

I don’t know if its worth it to go from MBS to 107’s, considering the price is 150$ for a set. At that rate I may as well just get some pneumatics or solid core 6"s

1 Like

Cost isnt really a factor, beyond it just being the look and ride feel I want, I don’t want it to draw attention from the PD.

1 Like

Are you saying that you’ll draw less attn by having 107’s versus larger pneumatics?

1 Like

Yes They won’t draw any more attention than the 100mm MBS If I’m coasting on the board it’s impossible to tell it’s esk8 without getting eye level with the deck to see the motor, with 6" wheels riding around NYC assumption will always be esk8

2 Likes

Ah I see. That’s never been a huge consideration for my area, I’m more interested in how it rolls in comparison to mbs, and is it even worth taking that step versus going to a 6" tire

1 Like

Also from the few times I’ve tried an esk8 with 6-8" wheels I’ve found the turning/cornering ability miserable, I’m guessing that’s where something like a trampa deck comes in. It was practically unrideable at speed around city streets.

1 Like

Anyone know if these are the 107mm Electric Flywheel mold (center set) or the 107mm Superfly Mold (offset)?

1 Like