[Introductions] New member? Introduce yourself and share your DIY plans

First off, great way to introduce yourself to the forum…much appreciated that you have done your research and enjoy the learning process.

-Careful using motorcycle helmets instead of downhill, slightly different design for slightly different purposes. There’s a bunch of debate about it around but protection is protection so you’re already winning in my book.

-shredlights are ok. The rechargeable aspect is cool but the light isn’t too helpful visually for you. It’s more for other cars to see you hopefully. I have them and am considering changing them out for some high power cree lights that run off a separate small rechargeable battery pack (not your main, that power is for you)

-@janpom’s DAVEga is an awesome little battery meter that also tells you tripometer info, motor temp info, etc.

I’d link threads like a gentleman but I’ve been drinking so you gotta search it yo self. Great to have you here man!

2 Likes

That time again.

Hi my name is Jack and im an addict.

4 Likes

Thank you.

There’s no way in hell I’d ever ride without a helmet or proper gear for that matter.

I’ve looked at the downhill helmets online, but not in person. I’ll head into a local shop to try them on and see how much of a difference there is and talk to staff, then I’ll pull the trigger if I decide to go that way.

I could always use my headlamp. It’s 300 lumens with a theoretical distance of 80 meters. That should be good enough as long as I’m not going too fast and out pacing my ability to react.

I just checked out @janpom 's gadget… that’s awesome!

1 Like

Hi all,

I’m new to this board. I started 3 years ago with an OneWheel which is a great toy. I was addicted right off my first ride. A year later a an Evolve GTX followed, which is a great board, too. I really liked long rides. Even if the battery of the evolve is OK I wanted way more range. Because I wanted more I started to build my new board based on the trampa platform. It is a dual VESC mountain board with a huge battery (10s9p) which allows me 60+ km rides.

I’m located in Hamburg, Germany

Hi Guys,

Joined to get some support with using the VESC, reverse engineering the onewheel design for fun and because they are stupidly expensive here in Australia. Started out with a RC ESC and as that wasn’t working have now upgraded to a VESC. Having some weird motor issues that I am looking to find fixes for.

Anyway DIY onewheel currently has a 330kv RC motor and 6S LiPo. Geared with a bike chain ~6:1 to a 10" go kart tyre. Will be incorporate gyro/accelerometer-based control method on an Arduino, ESP32 or similar after I get the mechanical bits working.

Taylor

Hi! My name is Filip. I am upgrading my boards charging options. I want to be able to charge mye two 5s lipos with adapter. I saw this video, but i wonder if it is corect, and if it bypasses the bms’s disscharge.

Hi, I’m brand new here and was wanting to post in the for sale section. Evolve GT with LHB battery upgrade…can’t figure out how to post. Any help would be appreciated. David

1 Like

Hello eSk8 family. Another new guy checking in. Used to skate if you can call what I did skate back in the 80s. Got back on a board 5 years ago with my son but he lost interest so that was that. I am a tinkerer at heart and could never leave anything stock alone, my cars, motorcycles, RC trucks etc. Stumbled on this site a while ago as I have been googling electric boards for some time and have been learning a lot here and seeing some awesome builds. Thanks in advance for some of my dumb questions!

1 Like

Hi everyone! I’m looking to build my first electric skateboard. I have a parts list in the works and I’d like some criticism on the selections and to ask some questions. Would this be a good thread to do it in?

1 Like

Hello all, New here obviously… I am working on an eskate and an escooter rebuild. I have been scouring the net for weeks and I am ready to start building. I have bought some parts but I have many questions. I hope I can learn and maybe impart some of my knowledge. Thanks again… KK

1 Like

Hey I am a noob here but wanted to start with some wierd questions. If someone wanted to connect solar panels to any type of E-board, how would you inject the power? For example, if the pack is 10S, that would mean the voltage between the pack and the ESC will vary from 42V charged to 30V discharged. Could I parallel a 48V panel directly to the ESC input voltage lines and use blocking diodes to stop current backflow into the panels? Or would you use a solar panel power controller. If I used a solar controller my problem is they are designed to output to 12V or 24V battery banks. And yes I plan on using the panels for continuous charging while riding as supplementary power, and to charge the battery when I am not riding it

I’m into low rider electric skateboard and I have a meepo nls pro, i’m planning to aorder some hummie deck, only change the battery of the meepo to maybe 10s3p flat battery, what do you think?

10s3p is probably the minimum amount of cells you want to use for those motors, but the cell is very important as well. Do you know what cells it will use?

Hey everyone. I have two Meepos and one Evolve Carbon GT. I found this forum looking for a battery replacement for Evolve, cool place you got here with so many knowledgeable people.

I see that I can’t upload pics, so here’s a link to the case of my Carbon GT rb.gy/a4aff4

Any recommendations on what battery to upgrade it to and from which builder? I’m from Europe.

hi all, new diy builder here. i am doing a budget build for now so i can roll with a friend who just purchased a onewheel pint. original plan was to build a longboard with mbs 100mm AT wheels but decided to use a mountainboard wheels and trucks. it’ll be dual motor and will be powered by 12s lipo. i might use 4x3s so i can also use the lipos on my rc cars/trucks

Hi guys I’m new to this so go easy on me, I’m not even sure I can show my build on here being a kind of scooter/ board build? I had a go this year at building a 3 wheeled style rear steering board / scooter, very rough build and first time welder but I had to get this build out of my head, it’s been fun but a frustrating time so looking forward to reading up on here for tip and help, I’m loving the lean to steer and turns very tight but at fast speeds it speed wobbles, so frustrated at the moment.

Hi, Im Jon, I want to see if im the only person having a hard time with Torque board products. Seems like everything I buy wobbles, doesn’t fit quite right etc…

Hi All. I’ve just bought a trampa mountainboard and will be putting it (and me) through its paces. This follows some fun with an Evolve Carbon GT (positive experience) but the want / need for more range, power and engineering for all terrain.

I’d be happy to catch up with any fellow Trampa board owners, especially in the UK, South East.

1 Like

Hello, I am trying to make a set of custom motor mounts to use on narrow trucks. I have access to a 3d printer for prototypes before cnc but I have no clue how I should make the mount so the motors will fit and no foul play, etc. I have been playing with the idea of having the motor pulleys on the outside of the truck. Anyone have any ideas? I really like these narrow trucks and would love to electrify them. My current solution that works is hard mounting the motors to the deck in between the deck and baseplate. My rear trucks are at 0 degrees and very hard bushings so they rear truck doesn’t move at all. I am coming from a primarily downhill longboarder, but I’d also love to go uphill. imgur . com/a/Q11oqy1