I am trying to build a 4wd e board and need help

Do you know we’re to get risers from

This is the part where people sarcastically insert a link to the search bar. You have to search for it dude, search skateboard risers

1 Like

This is what pisses everyone off… Your asking others to do all of the work for you. I don’t mean to offend you but are you a kid or something? It’s like your used to having someone do everything for you and all you have to do is ask and someone will tell you what to do.

No one is going to sit here and hold you hand this the world, none the less eskate. DIY is about researching, trying, failing, researching, asking questions (only after finding no answers), researching again, and finally building and tweaking.

5 Likes

actually yeah i am a 14 year old so thank you

Shock absorbing risers really don’t do much, if anything at all. The compression from tightening them down between trucks and deck kinda undoes the rebound ability of the material. Hubs especially low end hubs are not known for super smooth ride quality. Great for low profile builds on places with decent roads. But its a well known down side of hubs. With the exception of hummie hubs. Hear they are smooth.

3 Likes

so what is your suggestion to absorbing vibrations for hubs

1. flexible deck (but you’ll need a bettery ment for that)

2. better shoes

3. deal with it

4. go belt drive

6 Likes

how do you know if battery is flexible enough

They need to be built for it. That’s why when you see lots of pre-built Hub motor boards you’ll notice there’s two enclosures on the deck, one on each end. They’re keeping the battery away from the most flexible part of the deck.

2 Likes

k thanks but does esc have to be made for a flexible board or not

No. Just dont put it in the middle lol

4 Likes

k thanks a lot

1 Like

Maybe try Pushin Cushion from Loaded against vibrations?

@squishy654 has some experience with it, maybe he can help

1 Like

I used it extensively and decided to move to good insoles instead. The cushion takes away from the feedback of the deck shape and the insoles just a more simple and better solution.

K thanks what insoles did you get though

hi does anyone know how the 2 escs are connected(picture and top of thread) thank you

I don’t know if this is the answer you are looking for :slight_smile:

But I’m pretty sure (By looking at the picture) That the red/black wires connected between them give the power from the left (master) ESC to the right (Slave) ESC. And the five black wires let the Master ESC control the Slave ESC

I got about 1k miles out of the 4wd esc from them before it unexpectedly left me stranded 7 miles from home…:joy::rofl::joy:

2 Likes

hi do you know exactly which cables are being connected to make this work thank you

hi also already done around 50 miles and still working fine