I am trying to build a 4wd e board and need help

only thing I’d recommend though is #1 and possibly #4 (not the ones in the picture :joy: ) and of course, bigger and softer wheels if you stick to PU-wheels

1 Like

Do you know where I can get vibration pads from

I have no idea and I don’t think that’s the way to go either. you’ll probably loose a lot of feel and control of the ride.

1 Like

Hey buddy, sorry you have had rough time. This forum does not tolerate DIYeboard’s business, understandably. Many will never touch Chinese parts and deride those who chose to use them, again understandable to a point. There is an etiquette to the forum which you have not followed so again it is understandable for people to be displease. Regardless of all of this, I would like to offer some advice and answer some of your questions.

Those esc’s are the Version 1 and are quite poor relative to the V2 and incomparable to VESC. Shame that the 4wd kit does not use the v2 esc’s. A VESC is a fully customizable ESC based on Benjamin Vedder’s work, hence (V)ESC.

As for a new remote you have the RC6 currently. There is a RC7 remote which has a marginal improvement that I can personally recommend.

As for vibrations, you have to ditch the hub motors or get flexible deck or wear thick shoes and get some massive rubber risers. For electronics vibration, I recommend velcroing the ESC and battery to the deck.

Trivial improvements you could do and again I could personally recommend are bushing swaps and/or truck swaps. Those trucks are the old version. Meepo sells “Shredder Trucks” that have larger bushings and I believe a more refined/reliable design.

Assuming you are based in the US here are some alternative sites to DIYeboard

And here are some general purpose stores

https://www.skateshred.com/

Our lord and savior Jeff Bezos

https://www.zumiez.com/skate/

I hope you can use this information to your advantage!

2 Likes

Then what way do you think I should go

Thank you so much

My pleasure! I thought about going down this 4wd route in the past but didn’t so it’s nice to see someone else’s progress.

No, you aren’t.

My process goes like this:

Research > buy > research > build > enjoy for a long time

Your process goes like this:

Buy > Ask questions that search will answer > make 3 threads about the same parts looking for justification of your poor purchases > ask more questions that the tiniest bit of research would answer > whine when someone tells you that you’re being silly.

We’re not building the same, no. That’s ok though, that board will die in under 300 miles and you can do it properly the next time.

4 Likes

I don’t know if the PU-sleeves are swappable to bigger ones? probably not. Everything damping that is put between the wheels and your feet will remove some control of your ride, so it’s really up to you to decide if you can live with the vibrations or not.

I myself have 97mm flywheels, and as long as I don’t ride on cobblestone they’re fine.

Think you guys are being a bit too harsh. The mans obviously has got some reading to do , but didn’t we all? He’s not even being disrespectful but he’s getting testosterone thrown in his face like it’s going out of sale.

Chill out. If he asked a question that’s already been answered , either keep it stepping or just quote the damn aforementioned answer. If there’s something he doesn’t understand about the answer , he’ll ask and someone will be able to clarify if they also wish.

6 Likes

is there anyway i can use vibration dampers without getting rid of to much of the control

so my board will go in under 300 miles why do you care if you arent going to help me then whats the point in just saying it again and again i have already built the board so just saying that isnt helpful so once my board breaks i will be taught a lesson there is no point in you saying all this after i have built the board

2 Likes

search

All we are asking him to do is to do some research before posting questions.

Simple example. There are elaborate topics about vibration going as far back as 2016 (1 minute search).

A general attitude of “others will answer everything in life” will not just be detrimental to his experience here, but to his life in general. Now if he were 14 years or younger I may understand to a degree.

@Meeep. We are all riding Chinese crap. Most stuff is manufactured there. Not the issue.

So don’t answer me if I am answering asked questions But you don’t need to just say I am riding Chinese crap

I think his location tag said London, so probably would want to be looking at the EU based stores?

Trying to remember what they are… hm

Ah - there’s more but I don’t remember more off the top of my head

https://www.unikboards.com/en/

Well, you asked in other posts why people think it is difficult to build a 4wd esk8, pointing people to parts that most of us have been avoiding for good reasons. Of course, people will respond as to why they think that’s a bad idea.

1 Like

so just say that dont start going on about how my board will fail and how chinese parts are crappy just say diyeboard is an untrusted bad rated seller

also if anyone can could you tell me were to get vibration dampeners from or casing that will fit my wheels thank you

Because those hub motors only have a thin sleeve of thane between the motor and road, there isn’t much you can do there about vibration. Try getting a more flexible deck, or get soft risers to put between the deck and the trucks