HYPER BEAST - 36" inch Deck With Integrated Enclosure! UPDATE!

Awesome! Looking forward to ordering one :slight_smile:

1 Like

Give us the beast!!! :smiley:

2 Likes

Yes I know my board is very clean, you dont have to remind me

3 Likes

Hey NAF ! Thanks sharing photo of my Alienboard v2 :blush: with the Louvre in the background … sorry I’m going astray … But it’s funny you share that build here:smile: For the little story, after that build I made a big upgrade to integrate the inclosure in it ! You want this both lenght from as much mount as possible (plus they re some adjustable) could take measuring from my APS mount (from the pict) and TB v3 … On the photo I got a 6mm pads between trucks and board (the motor could be upper). at finish, I put some details : A small draw for more freedom in the dual setup away from the ground and flat truck base I will take you the cotation :wink: sorry for the long post !

By the way, awesome work once again !!! Your design is crazy :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Haha !! Dude it’s your’s ? …nice. ! This is exactly what I need to figure out … how much space do you guys need for your mounts so if you could take your measurements for comparison it would help a lot …the enclosure on the BEAST is sticking out at about 21mm from the bottom of the deck… Right now I am considering making two different decks …one with wider enclosure for HUB motors and one with less space for belt setups. One thing I am pretty sure is I won’t be making deck for 4wd setups as I’d have to make it exactly as you suggest - with a lot of space from both ends. Besides that I am pretty sure 4wd setup won’t look good with this deck.

1 Like

Thanks a lot !! This is exactly what I needed. I still need a few more measurements from other guys just to compare everyones dimensions. I’d highly appreciate if anyone else could measure their mounts!

Hey, of course, smaller sizes than 36"inch will have smaller battery compartments but there is a way around that …and we can have the enclosure about 37mm to fit two rows of cells. For now I am concentrating on finishing 36"inch deck first… and later in the future I’ll redesign it for smaller sizes like 30" or 33" inch.

1 Like

I don’t know how much experience you have from taking concepts to production(I have a very limited experience of that) but if you don’t, I suggest starting out with only one deck.

It’s a lot to keep track of and you might discover issues in the infancy of production that takes more money/time you’re willing to give. It is better to not double that.

Just my two cents :slight_smile: Looking forward to get my hands on a deck!

2 Likes

True that …and I’d rather have one deck to begin with than two different enclosure models. I’ll be posting here pool for you guys to vote and we will see if current reworked dimensions of the enclosure will suit your needs and allow you mounting your motors. Belt guys can use truck risers to get some additional height for mounting the motors and hub guys can enjoy benefits of CNC wheel wells without the need of risers.

3 Likes

Personally, and I am not everyone. Put as much space as you can for batteries dude. If people want stealth they will have hubs… other wise you are just compromising performance.

If this goes to production and I buy one, I have committed. It will have the smallest battery of any of my decks.

3 Likes

Long as there’s room for 10s4p 2 VESC and multimeter,Anti-Spark etc I thinks it’ll be a seller,need have more room than the raptor 1 deck tho as the 10s3p is what people hate about it and what stopped me buying it

1 Like

10s4p easily. I’ll be posting reworked enclosure dimensions sometime tomorrow so you guys can see for yourself . Remember about one thing …the enclosure is 33mm deep so there a lot of space for BMS over the cells.

3 Likes

Will the 36” have a kicktail? Even a flat one be nice

Is there a waterproof seal on the lid?

Interested! 10CHAR

Would it be possible to add a few extra mounting holes towards the end of the kicktail to provide extra clearance for motor mounts? It looks like the deck gets a little thicker toward the kicktail so maybe just making a flat spot under that thick part would allow for truck mounting and the thickness would act like a built in riser, with the trade-off of losing the kicktail. I hope that makes sense.

Put me down for one of these!

If it fits a 10s4p flatpack with BMS on top and has 33mm height, it should fit a stacked 10s5p with BMS in front?

Is there any waterproof seal on the lid or is it a drain for catching any water on the top deck? It’s a dealbreaker for me…

1 Like

So far that question has been skipped over multiple times. I’m curious whether it’s a straight no, or a “we’re working on it.”

2 Likes