HYPER BEAST - 36" inch Deck With Integrated Enclosure! UPDATE!

Change of plan. Dual escapes a little too big. image image image

1 Like

Did you use heat conductive glue? Nice heatsint! Borrowing that one You’ll need phase & power wire slack in order to open

Just double sided tape to test fit atm. Will be using some thermal adhesive once I finish my battery. Phase wire will be reterminaled to a Amass MR60 plug, which I’ll cut a hole and drill through.

If possible I want to tap m2 holes on the lid so I can use longer m2 screws to bolt the focboxes to the lid with termal paste. Idk if I can get the dimensions of the hole pattern right just with hand tools

How is this thing sealed on this spot?

IMG_20190121_231133

1 Like

Not sure. Kinda just wanna swap to piano hinges instead of these cabinet ones to give me more room. That way that edge can also be flush and siliconed.

Atm I just wanna have a working board since my Hummie build is shelved.

I might be wrong but for now it looks like it’s not sealed at all.

The hyperbeast is definitely not gonna be water tight imo. Dust proof at best atm unless i put in a lot of work into sealing this bad boy.

1 Like

I’d agree, not a rain board. What’s the deal with piano hinges?

This should help.

Practice on scraps first.

What’s up with your hummie board?

1 Like

This happened.

3 Likes

If the price aint bad imma take one

looking good image

7 Likes

Started a build thread since I’ve been posting a lot of pics here.

2 Likes

I will take one deck if you make them still

Was sadly a onetime run :slight_smile: You might be able to snag one if it ever comes up for sale by a builder tho

Gotcha they look super clean though… hopefully someone makes something like this again

@sofu got the very last one, a secret Easter egg

What? She didn’t end up getting it. She got the haya instead.

oh! then the easter egg may still be there @NAF

I replaced those m4 screws that bolts the hinge onto the lid with pop rivots. Highly recommend it. All 8 threaded holes were stripped after 2 weeks.

1 Like