HW6.4 based ESC - ESCape

I haven’t tried those ones but they should work. They are a touch higher on power dissipation and drain current and higher Vgs max, they should perform marginally better as SimosMCmuffin said.

Sorry I was thinking more along the lines or US based sellers. But I do appreciate the help and effort.

Well I bought them.

anyone tested the max erpm yet? Got lots of cash for these if we can get specs for how far they go before they pop.

1 Like

Mine will be ready next week gonna try and push one or 2 to the breaking point before I commit to making a couple dozen I’ll update you.

1 Like

cheers, cant wait to see!

I also am interested in the erpm. I really want one for an rc car application but the erpm would be in the 150k ish range.

1 Like

Finished a case today my parts are still like a day or 2 out though.

`

9 Likes

how many pole pairs is the motor?

1 Like

It’s 4 pole, 4 magnets. So 2 pole pairs.

So if erpm = number of pole pairs multiplied by rpm

You are going to be running your inrunner at 75,000 rpm?

Get that on video dude!

Many inrunners can do it. They will get crazy hot though. I am running 12s on a motor that is either 1200kv or if I am pushing it, 1500kv. Keep in mind that’s unloaded rpm. The way I gear it, it will not reach even close to 75k rpm. More like 50k

How was the 60k ERPM limit on the VESC 4 solved on this version?

1 Like

@stewii any chance of a group buy? the thread is long and haven’t read it.

2 Likes

Santa came today

5 Likes

Absolutely. So far I’ve got 21 responses on the google form with a total of 39 ESCapes. I enquired a factory for production and if we get at least 40 units I will be able to sell each for £150 plus shipping with alu housing. (since a good part of you will run dual motors I am working on a dual fully enclosure housing as well)

Of course this will be a big investment and you will need to pay in advance. Lead time 6-7 days plus 18-25 days.

3 Likes

any chance of cutting off some of the components and making a bare bones double FOC machine that would be cheaper? Only thing want is reliable foc. even the high amp ability is overkill for me with a double and never hit an over-temp shut-down. I imagine you have youre own plans but if you could make that…they will come. you could get a lot more money and momentum. Even the many white plugs and ports seem more than almost anyone uses. just a mini usb for me please

2 Likes

If it is me assembling it like I have been doing (slowly) I can customise it and make it cheaper for the buyer but will be marginal savings, ie: could not solder the wireless components or the jst connectors, switch, but that is only about £5. And of course if I go with a PCBA all the boards would have to be the same and we all want different things, so it might be difficult.

1 Like

so if it were a double barebones design cutting out everything but FOC and a reasonable amppplitude…still not much cheaper? how do places like maytech do it? cant we get some place that’s good to do all the soldering cheaper or something?

Hello @stewii: I went to try my new board today on FOC, I pressed the thottle pretty generously and it rode AMAZING for the first 10 miles, almost at the end of my ride I started to get cutouts on my slave ESCape, it was the dreaded FAULT_CODE_DRV :persevere:

I cycled the battery power on the board and remote, whent to ride again and it cutted out every 100mts throwing the same fault, I think my DRV is fried, but I don’t know how could this happen on a HW6.4.

Have you got this issue?, how did you fix it? Should I go back to BLDC to avoid it? Is the DRV the same found on hardware V4.12? I have some DRV8302 laying around in my desk so I could change them tomorrow