HW6.4 based ESC - ESCape

Perfect Stewii ! Any advice to make the two in one ? You let the space between them open or separated ?

8 Likes

Your ESCape is doing nicely

7 Likes

Someone need to set up a competition in performance between the ESCape and the VESC6!

2 Likes

There shouldn’t be a measureable performance diff…it is identical

5 Likes

Just scrolled back up and found the link to the form. All completed. Thanks @stewii for providing this service to the community here.

I am asked quite often if a housing is necessary, so I’ve done a quick comparison with alu housing and nothing over the FETs:

notes:

-I had to stop the 60 amps test a bit earlier because my motor which is rated 50A max was starting to smell funny. -the housing was about 20-30 degrees C lower than the FETs -Once the FET temp cutoff kicked in which made the amperage go lower I stopped the test, it only happened in the tests without housing.

9 Likes

Are these available still? If so how do I order? Sorry if this has already been stated a billion times…

1 Like

the differences in temperature rise are quite obvious on the test … or the utility of a heat sink … Thanks for thé test

1 Like

Yes, they are, I keep making them, sometimes can take up to 2 weeks, depending how busy I am and if I need to wait for parts to arrive. Just message me if you want to order.

If the ones without housing are still available I’ll take 2 Planning to put them on a dual mount plate

Got mine today, and holy cow this thing is awesome!

Thanks again @stewii!

Lifespan of the FETs should be longer if ran cooler

1 Like

I would like 1 with the aluminum case. Please inform me how to contact you. not sure if this is pm or not.

Thanks for sharing, what is the difference between the housing stewii made and your rendition?

Left-Right we have Orig Stewii design | Gogomrrobot rendidtion | v.2 stewii design. I like the rounded corners on the orig. stewii design for cable routing but not sure what the extra indentations are in the revision that stewii made, any clarifications folks?

In case (sic) it was missed stewii left his v2 design on thingiverse as well

Ok, trying to answer my own question :wink:

The ‘dint’ in the stewii v1.02 design is for L2 inductor_smd_8x8mm. image

It appears stewii redesigned to leave more alloy inside the casing providing additional cooling to the componentry…nice one since lost metal is lost thermal wicking and it never costs more $$$ to leave metal in place.

Will have to see about changing the design to get back the rounded wire holes which allow for rubber grommets and some water protection. I’m not aware of square gommets but maybe they exist

2 Likes

Are you going to use pcb as top cover? If so there’s no point to use grommets. To use the the whole thing should be redesigned. All the top connectors should be inside the case and go out through side wall with grommet. Are you going to 3D print that?

Don’t use that anymore that was actually @stewii he sent me the STL and i shared it here but based on his final pcb its 2mm short. That case did work with the original escapes he sent me. Also now he is selling Vesc fully with aluminum rounded case.

TLDR; Going forward PM @stewii for the STL file for the housing or a link from him he shared on the forum.

2 Likes

Yes, the last one I try, sharing here by stewii is perfect !

No there is a separate cover for the open side of the case which comes with the pcb.

On top of the pcb cover a rubber gasket or 3D printed flexible grommet for keeping any water coming into the case with enough height to space any connectors from being pushed against the deck.

…loosely thought about probably flaws, enlighten us

edit: done

@Riako thanks, I think are confirming that @stewii’s thingiverse published housing is the corret size? that’s what I made this change against

1 Like

That would be good idea If you have that designed already.