HW6.4 based ESC - B-box

I made an initial batch. The SMD work I had done (by someone who should have done far better work) was sub par. I don’t have the time nor really the expertise to make a larger batch here at home myself. Since I absolutely want everyone to have a good product and a hassle free setup and ride I cannot with good conscience sell more completed boards at this time.

Anyone who wants a bare PCB can contact me.

If we get enough people (like 20) I will make DIY kits with all components and documentation to do it yourself.

Hopefully soon we will be able to offer factory made PCB’s that will be tested on a jig with a 300KV sensored motor spinning a weight.

Once the PCB’s pass they will be assembled according to wishes I guess Single, Dual. Still doing research on acquiring the heatsinks.

The current heatsink I use only covers 60% of 3 mosfets but so far running in a 12s5p setup I have had no heat related issues so I will sell them with this disclaimer.

I apologize to everyone who got their hopes up we would have a fast, cheap and reliable solution.

I have a 100% refund policy on everything I do and fix any Issue anyone has even if that means I lose money, I do this for the community but at this scale I poses to much risk as of now.

The DIY Kits will be your responsibility unless you come up short on parts there will be no refunds or returns once the first drop of solder has flown.

13 Likes

I want a kit, I would actually take 4 of em :wink: Can’t wait :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

I’m in for 2

1 Like

@bimmer I think it’s awesome you took on the project to make these for everyone. I think it’s just as awesome that you recognized the issues with production and instead of sending issues down the line you owned them while still providing an option for people. Nice work!

5 Likes

I’ll put together a groupbuy for the parts, all the SMD parts I had for these are currently in dispute as I refuse to pay for the joke of soldering work that was delivered and he has my parts.

Mouser and arrow are super fast with shipping so I can ship 7 days after I receive the payments.

5 Likes
2 Likes

Next question is who has the time and expertise to buy these kits in bulk and assemble/sell them as complete units to the rest of us? If I’m not mistaken, @stewii is serving the EU and beyond with the ESCape and @Bimmer is trying to serve the US with the B-Box? I’m in for a couple complete units in the US, after the dust settles a bit, and I sell off some parts to fund these.

There are complete kits coming but they will arrive assembled in the future.

11 Likes

@bimmer, I plan to get two complete B-Box when you make them in the near future

1 Like

Would be great to get a couple of kits… could you send us a mini tutorial how to upload the firmware… I would give a try to solder them if you can give a little help how to put everything together… .

Hello?

Where’s my test unit?

4 Likes

Hey @bimmer what’s the news on this project ?

Dead!!!

That guys as move out… @stewii is the guys you need to contact

1 Like

Hi there…

I wanted to print out the mid section for the case but I don’t know where to get the CAD/STL File for that?! Does anyone who participated in this Group Buy have the 3D Cad files for the Mid Section?

Thanks in advance.

Greetings Ron

Are there any of you who didn’t received R12 ?! The only part missing in the Package Bimmer sent is the R12 15kOhm Resistor. Need to order this little piece of …

Try Digikey, it will probably be $0.01 plus $5.00 shipping LoLz

1 Like

missing 2 whole kits from bimmer here

Could someone please tell where I can download a copy of the stencil file for this ESC?

Same as stewii’s i can send it to you

@banjaxxed Thank you . I just sent you a DM.

I wish I thought of this earlier but does anyone have any stencils left over from this project that they would want to sell? I don’t know if they can be reused but if they can used is fine with me.