Hummie Deck: New Wood & Carbon Decks. GROUP BUY - Round 5 $125 (Shipped US) + Worldwide shipping POST 2268

Damn it’s $200. And we can’t trust it does what it says it does…

that power supply…200$ is a lot but for that amount of power output and the two knobs its pretty unique.

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/42075 seems like a very similar sag with the 30Q if 3 are put in parallel to be a like-to-like comparison of mah and did a 7amp draw. no? it seems pretty close @thisguyhere

This approach is cheaper, but pushing 15A through that thing, probably wise to add more cooling and a fire extinguisher :slight_smile:

https://www.amazon.com/Switching-Supply-Adapter-Driver-Transformer/dp/B07DPMX5V2

or

https://www.amazon.com/LM-High-precision-High-stability-Certification-Communications/dp/B06ZYDZCG9

or one of the options from:

https://www.amazon.com/Switching-220VAC-DC60V-Transformer-Monitoring-Industrial/dp/B079D8B5QL

or if you just want 10s (maybe not this one, 3 stars, but you get the idea)

https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Regulated-Switching-Supply-100-240V/dp/B075K1SQ44

and

They have versions with USB and bluetooth so you can monitor/control/record remotely. The Rui Deng store on aliexpress I believe is the real source of these units. Quality is okay, but 50v 15a is a lot of energy to push though these tiny things.

i have the one you posted above with the supposed 8amp ability and knob. it will get up to 10amps with a really low pack as it’s not cc. its good. or was good until i dropped it for the millionth time and now back to my other. the knobs and screens though are really nice.

12s4p with the 30Q you can do a stated 16amp max charge. that’s …like 45min to charge.

I’m pretty sure I can charge my pack in about 8min if I can deliver the current. A123 12s2p. Crazy! I think I can deliver, but it’s hard to pull that much power out of a wall outlet.

awesome. worth doing the fast charge in my mind. i only charge just before riding so it’s ideal. i dont know what my wall will put out but i imagine i’ll be able to bump it up later!

so many people are doing double stacks with the deck for range…id rather have the 12s2p smaller pack and bring a super fast charger and could go forever stopping at coffee shops to recharge. im looking for the smallest 48 high current charger i can find. want to be under the radar at the coffee shop. if i trip a circuit breaker i will move on inconspicuously.

3 Likes

when kug3lis releases his esc i plan to make a 18s2p w/ 2 TB 6380’s (if your hubs can handle it i will throw ur hubs on instead) but i want to build a super stealth build

at 18s w/ a 15/60 gearing on 6" pneumatics the calc is putting it at a speed of 49.45 mph… so with inefficiencies and what have you (and my fat ass), i would say optimistically 40mph top speed, with a board that you only know is motorized because of the motors hanging off the tail…

1 Like

I hadn’t heard the specs for his ESC he’s making. It can do 18s!? Is that max or can it go even higher?

i wanna say it was an 18s max, one sec

@uigiroux

18s 150A

1 Like

Nice… Wonder around how much it’ll cost.

same… ima use it as a ebike esc as well

E-foil and electric surfboard. Lol, ok, no more derailing the thread.

1 Like

that esc would really open up for different cells we could us with higher mah capacity and less discharge. as you know.
derailing is the fun part.

2 Likes

@uigiroux spec’s are still changing but I will try to keep up with 18s as baseline :slight_smile: Also I am redoing the whole schematic accommodating protections and etc, so MOSFET’s wouldn’t blow and etc. Also some new features like field weakening for higher RPM at the same voltage from same motors :slight_smile: Also better sensorless application and brake-resistor and many more goodies :slight_smile: But now I need to write software fully, as it isn’t the same base platform as before so VESC will not be able to run on it :slight_smile:

EDIT: for who are curious what is field weakening here is demo from someone on youtube :wink:

3 Likes

Cool, thanks for the info. Still learning about battery tech…

Cheers!

1 Like

@Kug3lis field weakening would amount to two things am i right: higher top speed and also greater efficiency in the low speeds as the motor kv would be still low right?

The cheaper they are, generally the more ‘aspirational’ their stated specs are. And yea, cooling. They way they heatsink the mosfets are to put them at the edge of the circuit board and use a metal clamp to clamp them to the inside of the aluminum case. The cases are thin aluminum plate so it doesn’t work very well, If you start to push them anywhere near their stated specs, they get hot as hell and fail pretty quickly. The first few I used, I ended up using heatsink adhesive to glue big heatsinks over the top of the hot spots on the case. Pulling roughly 12-14A, worked great for about 2 years, then fried. Eventually I just started using better quality PS’s and overspecing them a bit. Meanwell is a decent brand, have half a dozen of those that are running for up to 3 years 24/7, no heatsinks. I am however running them at less than 70% max spec.

1 Like

ive had good luck with my cheap ones and only one was faulty and right away could tell as it smelled and then a big snap. they replaced it with a higher rated one and been good since. ive had meanwells also. biggest problem for me is breaking them from dropping them. definitely worth mounting them to the wall or ceiling with a long charge cord so they dont fall over. ive broken at least 4 that way! they’re not too hard to fix if you know what youre doing.

Dude maybe 3D print some bumpers with TPU/Flex?

1 Like