HUB Motors - what range are you getting?

I am just hesitating right now…if I should go with 12s3p - LGHg battery pack2 - so 60a total to give me 30a per motor …or …10s4p - LG Hg2 battery pack - so 80a total to give me 40a per motor. I want to use dual Jacob’s hubs. @DeathCookies Any advice on that ?

Not really…I would like to get the answer on this question too :slight_smile: Maybe i am buying the Sanyo cells (the ones in this thread) with 10a discharge in 10S6P because they are cheaper and i get a better range. The only problem could be the size and the discharge. but currently i am just using good old lipos.

To get less heat and stress I assume its better to go 3x4s?

It does not make any difference if you have the same batteries and use 3x4S or 2x6S. Every cell (=12S) is in series no matter which wiring you choose!

Putting more batteries in parallel is considered better as it will have more parallel cells balancing each other. The only benefit to higher voltage is higher speed and keeping the esc cooler and the batteries with less amp draw. The motor converts volts to amps and will get just as hot with either setup

Lg hg2 is my favorite👍🏽

@Hummie with LG HG2 - 10s3p setup with 60a total and 30a per motor is ok ?? or is it a lot better to go with 10s4p ?

I have to do better than 30a per motor. Very lame. I’m at 70a. The punch gets u there quickly.

U can definatey do 3p. I do 4p but you’ll be fine

Depends if u want that speed. I do

Hub motors seem to be inferior to geared drives in almost every way. Only + for hub motors is their appearance and rolling resistance. Am I missing something here? Please lemme know D:

Less parts to break. Less likely to break. Lower deck. I bet it’s more efficient when not being overstressed such as mellow flats but testing hasn’t been done…yet

I haven’t had my Carvon Single Hub motor + Spacecell3 for long, but I’ve taken it as far as 13km and my battery went from 96% to 56%. So I imagine I can get somewhere in the the high 20’s or up to 30km on a charge.

Longest route i’ve taken is 14km, using hummies hubmotors, leave me with 35 ~ 40% charge left in my space-cell3. @onloop i read somewhere that draining the battery below 20% decreases the battery life, is this true or does the BMS have a build in limit for that? (Like 0% on the screen is actually 20% charge left in battery?)

I’m building this exact setup (12S, 4P) LG HG2. But I need about 200 of them. Does anyone know of a bulk buy I can get in on or a good place to import them?

PS- as to contribute to the current discussion about hub motors. On a 6S 10Ah (222Wh), I’m getting about 22Wh/mile. Running 2x Carvon, 250lb rider, hilly area.

-D

Maybe @link5505 can help you out

1 Like