How to make a board that reaches 35+ MPH?

That’s actually a great name! I might actually use it if you don’t mind.

1 Like

Where did you buy your gears? Like the wheel pulley teeth?

The pulley I got from here http://shop.sdp-si.com/catalog/product/?id=A_6A25M040NF1510 You will need to modify the center bore and drill holes.

You can check Miami electric skateboards he have 40T plastic ones

My board hits 40+ mph 12s 16/36 gearing 250kv motor My Twin ESC 83 or 90 mm wheels

2 Likes

Oh man… You guys are crazy.

I tried the V2.5 single and it had torque and acceleration comparable to a belt drive. It felt a bit different since it’s a hub, but it held its own. Still need to push start, although if you push your weight in just the right way as you hit the throttle, you don’t have to. I’m sure the duals will perform much better when it comes to torque and acceleration and have the higher top speed you want. It may be your solution.

Note that larger wheels and different gear ratios may give you a higher top speed, but you also lose when it comes to torque and acceleration as you make those changes.

I’m a little surprised at how many people are endorsing going 35+ mph on an eboard without asking why and what for.

2 Likes

My board has clocked over 35 mph downhill, 32 on the flat.

SK 6354 motor, 6S batteries, EZRun car esc.

You dont’ need high voltage, or a Vesc.

I’ve since geared it down to 20 mph max for obvious safety reasons.

Personally I’ve always wanted to do downhill longboarding but living in miami that’s impossible. So very fast electric longboards are the next best thing. I just wish it was easier to slide with them.

I also think its like a car… there are prius and tesla. Some people just always want more speed and power. That translates to just about any vehicle.

2 Likes

Your right! I’m in Miami too, so I would love to also get a little of speed. Of course I would ALWAYS wear protective gear.

1 Like

Here in Florida, it’s completely flat, so no downhill riding, I love downhill riding, so instead i wanted to make a fast board, while always using safety precautions and gear.

1 Like

Didn’t we discuss how falling off at 20+ mph get worse for every 1mph faster you go?

Im probably not going to use that speed everyday, I just want to have it if I ever need it to get that adrenaline rush.

2 Likes

What you want really is the torque … The rush to top speed is amazing…yeah running fast is cool sometimes but rather uncomfortable especially if the road isn’t meant for it or just too many people or cars around…

Yeah I understand, im thinking either 230 or 250 kv with 16/36. And I ride completely flat and im light.

It’s gonna fly…and I doubt you’ll have that trigger pulled all the way for long lol

1 Like

Totally, I get it, the adrenaline rush is addicting. With the right safety checklist to minimize risk, it’s a blast, and looks like you have em all. But in all honesty, even hitting 25+ on flats will give you a rush. 35-40mph will approach a speed where every part of your build has to be working in perfect harmony and if not, one wrong move could kill you. Trust me I know, a friend recently suffered a traumatic brain injury and almost died on an eboard going about 20mph. Here’s a little rundown off the top of my head for practicing top speed runs.

1. Experience (you’d be surprised at how many people want to hit top speeds with little to no experience on a skateboard or longboard)

2. Environment (empty, smooth asphalt parking lots on weekends, velodromes or closed courses are best)

3. Safety Gear (full face, armor, pads, etc.)

4. Spotter (this one is actually really helpful, these days we always ride with a spotter and communicate through bluetooth intercoms, each person calls out obstacles, cracks in the road, cars, etc. basically watching each other’s backs and to keep each other safe)

1 Like

Lol @LEVer said that you and me ride the same @RunPlayBack lol

Thank you. Yes, I heard about your friend, I truly hope he is doing much better. I completely understand, I wont be hitting those speeds every day. I will try to use the safest protection and use safety precautions. Thanks again.

1 Like

Like stance? I ride goofy…you guys need to do a run on a path without a million people riding through it lol