How-To: Anti-Spark XT-90S Loop Key

Can anyone help me make this work? Id like to use my series adapter to make a loop key activated volt tester. I would like to know how I would solder my vt. I am thinking on trying it like pic 2. How am I wrong? what should I be aware of? I dont want to fry anything… thanks

No issue with anything frying there but wondering why you would want to do this? Is the idea to be able to measure the voltage that’s coming into the right side before it gets connected to whatever is on the left side? Guess would be good to have some idea of what you’re going for in the end.

With voltage testing you just want the meter in parallel with the spots you’re measuring the voltage difference between and not in series but otherwise no major issues I’m aware of really.

1 Like

i guess what i imagined was plugging my key in to complete the circuit, getting a over all voltage for my 6s setup. Im looking into getting a foc-box since my last esc wasn’t the right one. so that what would bee on the right side. 2 3s lipos would be on the left.

1 Like

Okay gotcha yeah was just having trouble figuring out what goes where in my head there… so if you want it only on when the loop key is connected would have the red wire from the volt meter going to the right side of the loop key connection so it’s disconnected until the loop key is in there, if you connect on the left side then would be on all the time.

1 Like

I stuck it in there for mock purposes but is this what you mean? I was gonna cut the red on the adapter then solder the female xt90 there.

So volt meter pos goes in to pos on xt90… where to put volt meter neg?

Anywhere along the negative lead going between the battery and ESC will be at the same voltage so would put it on either plug there (black wire in bottom right of image).

Also yes that’s what I meant with the red one.

Really you could just have the red and the black hooked up to the plug on the right going to the ESC since ultimately that’s what you’re going after but any of the options of along the main red and along the main black going into the ESC are the same electrically (some small drop in voltage along the line aside)

1 Like

Just for confirmation that I’m picking what your putting down…

Thank you you have been most helpful. I know it’s kinda unorthodox comparitavely to the first part of the thread so thank a ton big ^^s

No problem also looks good to me.

Actually just reminded me I need to put a voltmeter into my modified quadcopter transmitter to monitor the LiPo I slapped on there :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks this whole thread has been really helpful. ill probably work on this today since the weather is shit in northern colorado :mountain_snow:

2 Likes

Can I get confirmation on this? Did I loop key?

2 Likes

You’re good :wink:

1 Like

Looks good to me!

you have successfully loop keyed.

2 Likes

whats the xt60 on the right side of the pic for? It will have to be bridged for you to get NEG.

1 Like

I’m running 2 3s lipos in series as of now other wise the other neg goes to vesc-x

1 Like

Tested it and my solder is good thanks for the support! I can taste the first ride now I so close just gotta make sure my foc setting are good…no fires fingers crossed :upside_down_face:_

1 Like

I made one with an 80 amp strip fuse and also used a usb flash drive top as a removable cover. It works well! I also used a Hip flask top for my XLR charging port cover.

13 Likes

That is the most adorable thing I have ever seen! I love it!

5 Likes

May I have not on/off switch but only this anti-spark loop key and f.ex setup my vesc, ride and so on?

Thanks for answers!

yes you can use this loop key instead of a switch, i use it on 2 boards

1 Like