How popular esk8 really is in your area?

Never seen anyone in my area… Granted I stay in my suburb and the park nearby mostly… Anyone in the newmarket ontario area holler for a ride this summer :grin:

los altos ca…not many. A few booted guys. one acton blink s2 guy…diy…uh…:man_facepalming:

You need to join the bay area eskate group on FB and see the action dude, huge group and rides almost every day in the city…

Hey hit up the electric boarder colorado Facebook group and get in on the WhatsApp. We have rides every Sunday and randomly throughout the week around Denver… Come on out this Sunday! Lots of DIY and prebuilt alike.

1 Like

YES! Another Ontarian! I’m in Burlington.

Haven’t seen any other esk8’s at all. Hoping this summer I might see some out.

1 Like

Come down to Tel Aviv some time man! Are you on the local FB forums? We do group rides every Thursday evening and Friday. I don’t get up north very often but I’ll be sure to drop you a line if I do.:slightly_smiling_face: Everything you said about ebikes and scooters is so true! I read recently that since they’re becoming so commonplace there’s going to be more demand for cities to put in proper bike paths… finally!

1 Like

Be sure to call me when you’re around… Will go on the beach 3 miles of good asphalt is heaven

In my little town Castro valley ca I seen one meepo board and one boosted board. I am sure there is more in my town.

I´ve seen two others here in Vienna - one was riding a boosted board (saw the guy coming out of Billa) one was riding a trampa (I can´t confirm - seen the guy from a distance so i´m just gussing here) Both esk8ters have been sighted @1030. Aaaand there´s me…

1 Like

Chico CA, college town. I’ve seen a few boosted boards, a onewheel, a unicycle, and mine and my friends boards. We tried to get a group ride going but there doesn’t seem to be enough people here with agreeable schedules.

NYC is ESK8 capital ? really?

It might be. LA has to be the skateboard capital, but definitely not the esk8 capital. I’m in LA area along the beach with pretty good roads and decent bike paths. I ride with my buddy who has a Raptor 1 and a DIY board I built for him, but other than us I’ve only seen a half dozen of boosted boards and a couple evolve boards in over two years of esk8ing. Mind you there are regular boards everywhere around here, probably see 10-15 per day just driving to work. I think the perceived “cool factor” impacts what people ride here. My 16 year old son will ride his Carver board over an esk8, because the Carver is “cooler”.

1 Like

I live in the UK in a little town called Frome (south west) and there is 1 other guy within a 30/40 mile radius that has an esk8. He’s got an evolve and we’re waiting for my build to be complete before we go on some rides together. It’s a pretty lonely community at our end of the world :frowning:

Add one more to that list :slight_smile:

1 Like

Im doubtful on NYC being the ESK8 Capital , sure we have a bigger group, but that doesn’t mean that there are more esk8 owners in NYC than in places like the Bay. Especially since Legality there makes it more approachable to buy one

1 Like

If numbers is all that counts, Im in the running with 7 boards :slight_smile:

1 Like

Last group ride last week we has 15 people show up, let’s see how many show up tonight.

2 Likes

Have never seen a one here in Tacoma, but then I don’t get out much.

@MrDGOrman ah you’re from Frome same problem where I live with esk8 being an alien hobby to many.

1 Like

I’m from Newnan (a little SW of ATL) and I often skate on the beltline myself. I’m always down for a skate meet up especially with eskaters. I own an Evolve Bamboo GTX 2-in-1 and I’m very interested in getting into DIY. Add me on Facebook (Jerry Effin Joseph) and send me a message saying you’re from this site.