How popular esk8 really is in your area?

In my town of about 25,000 just outside Dallas I seem to be the only one. Get tons of questions and weird looks when I’m out. People not use to seeing a guy on a board moving nearly the same speed as them in their car. Seen several cops with no issues but I usually slow way down and act like I’m kick pushing lol just in case.

1 Like

Moved to Sioux Falls South Dakota and ive only seem one person other than myself but it was just 1 day havent seen that person since and that was summer of 2017 so far people ask questions but prices send them away. Dont get it lots of jobs out here and almost everyone drive new cars. Nothing like Cali. Over there too many people on used cars and more eskaters.

Chico, CA. Hour and a half north of Sacramento. I created a Facebook page for esk8 in Chico, and have found a couple people that way. Caught up to a couple in the streets to get them to join. I’m extremely suprised how many there are. I know there are others around too, I’ve seen them before on Chico state campus. That was before I started riding so I have no idea where they are now

im here too, from sweden, live in falun tho :slight_smile:

You’re in New Rochelle?

i live in the somewhat more norhen parts of sweden, in a town named Falun. Never seen anyone else but me with a eskate :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, I thought you replied to my post bc you’re in New Rochelle

Yes it is…

Yes they are…

No you are not…

< insert evil laugh here />

3 Likes

1 other person in my town

I see someone from time to time. Once a month maybe.

OTOH I was out of regular morning commuting for a year now so maybe things have changed.

Newcastle Australia, I’ve seen a few around and have touched base with one guy through the forum here but haven’t been for a ride with anyone else yet. Would be great to build up a little community for regular rides.

I’ll probablh head down to Sydney for a group ride, seems as though there are 10-20 regulars there

One of my co-workers bought a boosted board and I’ve seen someone cruising on a Meepo in my neighborhood the other day. Can’t wait till my build is done and or Raptor 2 comes in so i can burn past them!

Denver CO here only seen a couple of prebuilts, no diys where I’m at but I don’t frequent the college, so cant confirm. Turned some heads as I whurred down the street with my electronics just sitting up top of the deck during my test ride.:sunglasses:

Haifa Israel… Never seen anyone with an esk8. Skateboards are pretty rare here let alone the electric ones… I enjoy being asked all the time about it and how much does it cost and more importantly how fast does it go… I know there are a few more Israeli people in the forum but no one is close to me… Electric bicycle is a big deal here and electric scooter are becoming more and more popular… I work in tech and it is very popular as a commuter… I really love passing them with my esk8 haha😄

2 Likes

I know it’s off topic but did you ever get fined for e-skating in Germany?

Never seen an electric skateboard before I build my own, so not popular at all in Luxembourg and in Aachen, Germany.

Random community member hit me up for a ride the other day, cool dude and it was fun, he had a great DIY board…we ran into another eskater on the trail, younger guy without a helmet and a boosted board, he wanted to race, lol. We also ran into a pile of skaters shredding a traffic barrier a long the road with really nice cameras and a DIY cement ramp someone had put in to launch up onto the traffic barrier. they were ollieing over it, sliding and grinding it…it was sick. They wanted to ride our eskates so we let them, with a helmet warning but you know how skaters are, they came back wide eyed and agreeing a helmet would be appropriate for them, lol, but hey, we made friends with all the skaters on the trail that day, no mater what they were riding and no hate involved! - Sacramento, CA

Find the “Sacramento Electric Skateboarding” group on Facebook…

9 Likes

in Oklahoma city, as you can imagine I’m the only one… that I know of. there are a few one-wheel’s but that’s it.

2 Likes

I have seen 1 person in hershey on a liftboard so I raced past him at 25 mph.

Oceanside, CA - Just started really looking because I got interested in the hobby … This is almost a perfect place for the hobby. This weekend we rode bikes down to the beach and around by the pier and there was a guy with a full helmet and looked like a legit board riding around. There’s about to be 3 more :slight_smile: