How fun is it to ride an offroad board?

Put that battery in a backpack!! No clearance issue and the board is pretty!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

so when I fall I can go out like a sprite bomb? :rofl:

I know some do, but thats not the route I want to take… thanks :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

For me it’s a no brainier

Most routes I have taken that are long are when I do multiple loops of the same forest or path and so the other batteries are in the car (don’t put them in my backpack). For me there are loads of reason to have a smaller pack. The wieght and the ride feel of the board riding, I can jump, I can also do small jumps to avoid the dreaded tree routes that if you catch them right on the back end will spin the board in a second, very tight cornering is easy with a little jump, so many times I was going to fall and a small jump reset me centre of gravity and so didn’t fall, I just don’t end up doing 60km runs, more manageable to replace a dead cell or bring back into balance, looks better on the board, cheaper, it would be a smaller firework, etc etc

On the plus side you can boast that your board has a 12s10p and 60km range and erm, erm well I suppose you could enjoy an uninterrupted 60km ride.

2 Likes

I actually have less fatigue with bindings on tramp deck. I find one of the problem was my foot sliding in my shoe because of the chamber. Bindings just holds everything in place… Even a foot stop help make things better.

The chamber also creates pressure points on the inner side of your foot even if its flattened out by your weight.

One of the reason why I am really excited to try out the new MBS decks.
Hopefully it will make the pain go away.

2 Likes

Interesting… I bought the trampa deck above and I’m really worried that the camber horizontally across the board is going to mess with my stance… So I might need to whip out the epoxy and 3d print some camber like the gents here have done

1 Like

With urethane it should last longer than that

That should get about 85+ km, if youre good with the throttle maybe 90 :stuck_out_tongue:

Thats a little too long though. I feel like thats where the samsung 40T comes in to save space and p count. less to go wrong with the system.

Yes, this is with 8inch wheels off road. I comfortably get 15miles per pack of off road riding on mountain bike routes. So what’s that 24km per pack.

Urethane range isn’t really in the equation for me as I have a mountainboard.

All I’m saying is, that for me, after owning the board for a good while, there is no way I would put a huge pack on my board. Not to say I am right, but that is not what I would do, personally.

3 Likes

When I have a house maybe ill have a little insulated shed outside for my lipos so I can have a board like that :slight_smile:

I dont want to get into the what is safer question and debate, but I feel safer with liion with a diebiems, than iI would with a lipo as I live in a dorm room. Burning it down due to me being an idiot connecting wires isnt an option :stuck_out_tongue:

You got a bms on every pack?

Lipos vs li-ions debate :joy: no that does not appeal to me.

I have lit-ion pack and don’t use a bms. I check my packs before and after each ride. Not drifted by a significant amount yet.

1 Like

I know thats why I said it :stuck_out_tongue:

As long as you dont drift I guess youre fine. just be safe :+1:

1 Like

Yeah. I don’t take the packs all the way down and also I don’t charge them to max either.

Soooo boring. But I’m only on a Backfire Ranger X1 which seriously lacks power for someone my size. That being said, on a recent ride along a bike path I saw a sign that said [unpaved roads, bicycles not recommended] and I just turned in and rode through the dirt and gravel path. It’s the little things that count.

2 Likes

Any of you guys using binding snowboarders? I don’t currently have bindings on my Trampa and I’m a bit worried about going down that route. When snowboarding you tend to keep on one edge and putting bindings on the board will make it feel even more like snowboarding but you need to stay flat footed.

I’ve been wondering this exact question, mostly because I want to make myself an electric longboard in style and handling, but I need to use mountain-board pneumo tires in order to not judder myself to death on crappy UK roads. Simply going straight for a mountain board is option b but I hear it makes life difficult in the turns.

I don’t have much experience snowboarding (only been to the fake snow indoor places). When turning there’s obviously more pressure on my toes/heels when turning but I feel an equal pressure from the healstraps/bindings and feel quite locked it and attached to the board. Less on the edge than a snowboard, I think. Don’t know if any of that makes sense lol hopefully some people with snowboarding experience can chime in

I think it’s dangerous. On a snowboard you have no wheels. You ride literally on the floor. With 8" wheels the stance looks like the perfect way to break the knees. That’s just my personal opinion. I might be wrong.

1 Like

I worry about my knees too. I can just picture me rolling but the board not !

1 Like

You run into similar dangers on the slopes, but with softer consequences. Bindings should help reduce turning circles too.

Anyone with experience of elastomers over springs? I started on springs but I’m thinking of switching over to elastomers.