How fun is it to ride an offroad board?

I would imagine that 6.5 inch wheels and that level of the flexometer ( really creative frank :joy: ) will lead me with a board that should be able to flex a little but not too muchā€¦ I just worry ill take one hard hit too many and spill my batteries all over the concrete :sob:

1 Like

I would expect an underdeck enclosure to slightly stiffen the deck.

When I ride on road at high speed and I hit a road bump, the deck compresses and this causes some instability. My Evo on the other hand which is really stiff is a lot more stable. I am talking about deck induced instability so letā€™s not bring the differences in the trucks into the discussion.

Off road though it feels fine since I donā€™t go full speed with all the rocks and trees around me. However I donā€™t have enough kms on it give a valuable opinion.

1 Like

I think that the highest speed Ill aim to achieve on my board is 25mph, i have it geared for 30 and will have an erpm limit.

I hope that 25mph is stable

2 Likes

Should be plenty stable especially if you use dampas

1 Like

Thinking about Jensos elastomere dampnersā€¦ they just look so much better :drooling_face:

2 Likes

My friend has a Trampa with dampas and it feels nice I just donā€™t like Trampa decks the bowed out stance hurts my knees

1 Like

First time Ive heard of that, but it makes sense. Do you think omitting bindings would benefit that? or is it just where your feet naturally fall

I donā€™t hear people complain about it so it may just be a personal thing with me but I donā€™t like it. I generally move around quite a bit on my decks as I ride so I donā€™t like bindings either but maybe they do help in this case.

1 Like

Do you mean without mounted trucks?

This is the firm 14ply carver deck :laughing: and Iā€™m 74kg/163lbs

But while riding I donā€™t jump in the middle of the deck so no problem. There is a reason why itā€™s called carver and not speed demon. I wouldnā€™t worry too much with a fiberglass enclosure like eboosted about hits.

BTW my MTB deck is 16ply.

This only happens when the deck is too stiff according to weight. My 14ply carver is totally flat and the 16ply MTB almost flat when I stand on it. If people like stiff decks then Trampa is probably the wrong choice and leads to the bowed out stance if choosing the stiffest deck without being a heavy guy.

4 Likes

Quoted for posterity. Truer words were never spoken. :money_mouth_face:

4 Likes

Even with fg I would piss in my pans going off road. There is so much more which can damage the enclosure. Even if it will not fully destroy the enclosures but just imagine sliding over a sharp rock or piece of woodā€¦ Latest after I crashed against a piece of wood sticking out of the ground with 20km/h iā€˜m super happy that i decide against a underboard tray. That collision would probably just rip off the hole enclosure.

3 Likes

I started with a street diy, then bought a Trampa carver, then purchased raptor 2, finally got a Trampa mountainboard. Currently I have the MTB and the rest are gone :grin:. Way more fun and I love getting out of the city.

3 Likes

I depends on the definition of off road. With bottom mounted enclosure itā€™s possible to ride on all terrains like grass, gravel, dirt or whatever but of course I wouldnā€™t ride in heavy and bumpy terrain. Well I did ride in skate park and scraped my Trampa tray but itā€™s sturdy, I could slide on it (but donā€™t try it). Real off road (in my definition) needs top mounted enclosure(s).

Legit argument, that was wood (a snag)

5 Likes

Oh shit lmfao Iā€™m totally gonna bottom out. BRB dying.

Maybe if @hyperion1 is so oh so ooooh so nice he could help stiffen the board up if itā€™s too flexy :yum::yum::yum:

Haha donā€™t worry, with a carver deck you have with 7" more ground clearance than with 8" on MTB. Also this was a hardcore flex test and has nothing to do with riding in real life.

Even with 125mm Gummies I donā€™t have problems with ground clearance (height of enclosure with gasket about 26-27mm) so I donā€™t see a problem with pneumatics and double stack enclosure for all terrain.

2 Likes

I just want to keep my investment safe :scream::scream: for someone that only makes around 7 thousand dollars a year, 2.xxx is a tough football to swallow :joy::joy:

Iā€™ll be responsible with the boardā€¦ My money though? Pfft. Iā€™m still just a kid at heart :joy:

2 Likes

I am a heavy guy :slight_smile:

Maybe it was stiff deck+ enclosure a much lighter guy rides it though.

Ok then I guess the enclosure was not flexible enough. Iā€™ve heard e.g. when a Trampa tray has slices on the sides only it kills the flex and the deck gets stiff, maybe this was the case.

With segmented enclosures there should be almost no impact in flex especially when the mounting holes on the enclosure are slightly bigger than the bolts plus gasket and rubber washers. Of course there must be enough segments or a tray cut like this:

000138h

4 Likes

You will cry, It is so boring ā€¦ and everybody hate it ! Just look, nobody smile here ā€¦

Some vid here

Little AT are fun too ^^

Doesnā€™t offroad board means fun in English ?! :smile:

10 Likes

giphy%20(2)

2 Likes